What do you do with leftover turkey?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the summer when my SIL is in a BBQing mood, I bring a turkey leg with me to go on the grill. Funny, how everyone want a slice or two from it. :angel:

My grandma and uncle fight over the neck. We make them cut it in half lol

i had to fight for my share of every chicken's neck, the ducks and geese's too (never even tasting a turkey until the appearance of t.v. dinners) from early childhood, up until midway through my junior year in high school. from then on, the necks became all mine, routinely handed over to me, without struggle or dispute. problem was, those chicken necks lost much of their appeal once their conquest had become totally uncontested. i still liked and ate them, but i no longer picked meticulously between the bones, leaving wasteful amounts of the neck meat uneaten. i guess i missed those squabbles over whose half-neck was longer, and who had gotten the fat end 'with all the meat on it!!' i'm not even going to get into the way fiercer battles that were waged over the only two chicken drumsticks available at any chicken dinner meal, 'back in the day' before packaged chicken parts....:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom