Help me with my leftovers conundrum!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Akatzman86

Assistant Cook
Hi There,
I have a obscene amount of food at home right now. Seriously. I have thanksgiving leftovers, I have a 7 lb chicken that I roasted because it was hoisted on me, and that is leftover now, and my boyfriend is now coming home with about 8 lbs of boston turkey that he got as a freebie from work. I have no idea what in god's name to do with all this food. I am also someone passionately in love with her slow cooker. Does anyone have any chicken/turkey casserole or otherwise recipes involving minimal work, or a slow-cooker, that they would be willing to pass on? The sanctity of my fridge thanks you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You might consider freezing some of the food for later use. Leftover turkey and chicken make great pot pies --- lots of recipes online. Leftover turkey or chicken can be added to fresh green salads, pasta, or make panini sandwiches. Chicken and turkey salad is always good for sandwiches or stuffed into a large hollowed out tomato. Have you tried chicken/turkey tetrazzini? Check online for recipes. Good luck!

First of all, toss any Thanksgiving leftovers, they're too old. You can freeze some or all of the rest.

Back
Top Bottom