Cooking times?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sbl1961

Assistant Cook
I'm wanting to make smaller Christmas puddings this year from a larger recipe I have that normally goes in a 6 cup basin, and is boiled for 2 1/2 hours. If I divide the mix into 6 x 1 cup puddings, how do I cook these and how long for?

This sounds like such a good idea that I decided to see what I could find. There is a page of recipes on Google under "mini Christmas puddings", and I particularly liked this one: Mini Christmas Puddings « The Fuzzy Times
Your steaming time seems really short though. I have had various versions of this stuff since I was a kid, and the steaming has always taken about eight hours, regardless of the size of the pud. Hope this helps.
Cheers

This sounds like such a good idea that I decided to see what I could find. There is a page of recipes on Google under "mini Christmas puddings", and I particularly liked this one: Mini Christmas Puddings « The Fuzzy Times
Your steaming time seems really short though. I have had various versions of this stuff since I was a kid, and the steaming has always taken about eight hours, regardless of the size of the pud. Hope this helps.
Cheers

Thanks for that. It has given me a few ideas.

Back
Top Bottom