Countdown!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
20 sleeps left! Still have some shopping to do. Stockings, and stuff from my Mom to everyone. Got the major gifts done though. Bought the stuff for nuts and bolts (except the stupid almonds! DOH!) and will start some shortbread today too. Tree going up this weekend I think.

Yes, not long to go now :)

I have all the presents bought, wrapped and under the tree ;)

I have the majority of food etc for our Christmas Eve buffet and Christmas Day lunch...just need to get the fresh vegetables closer to the day and the Roast Chicken Roll etc

Cant wait...love this time of year :)

We decided to do Christmas a little differently this year. We bought gifts for our daughters, sons-in-law, grandkids, some friends, etc., but James and I decided not to buy for each other this year. Instead, we gave money to Gideons International (for the purchase of Bibles), and we bought for a 6-year-old boy and a 3-year-old girl who are part of one of the two families our church decided to "adopt" for Christmas this year (through Human Services). THEN, if we have the money to spend after Christmas, we will hit an after-Christmas sale or two if there is anything we want. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was about buying for these children!

We will be spending Christmas day with our best friends and having our Christmas Dinner with them.

I think the only people we still need to buy gifts for are my sister, nephew, and my "mom-away-from-home." And I need to get my Christmas cards made out and sent. I used to always get them mailed on December 1st, but I have gotten so bad about it!

I have no idea what to get for Shrek, he hasn't asked me about anything. Other than that, everything is ready. Well, I am still waiting for an order with the gifts for my office mates.

Eeeeks! Appreciate the reminder. Everyone in my family lives away from us. I need to get mailing! I have my niece's b'day a few days before Christmas, a new nephew, and very strict requirements from Baby Bro's wife as to gifts, which I will ignore. DH's parents may just get a card, they don't need any more stuff, and don't seem too excited about more catalog food. Thankfully, my mom still drinks coffee, though she can no longer eat fruitcake, which she dearly loves, and that I've sent her for years.

DH and I don't buy for each other, we take vacations.

Last edited:
OK, think I'm ready now. Packages all mailed. Thanks sent to Amazon. Whew.

Last edited:
"let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" And it is. I brought the shovels from the garage and parked them by the back door. Ready for the weekend as I will get. Not ready at all for Christmas.

The date is still in the single digit range so it's not time yet. After the 15th it's time to get serious.

We may get snow on Sunday. That would help get me going for Christmas! I do have some of the gifts to send off to Michigan. I think I will wrap those tonight after supper. I need to get them mailed off really soon! Oh the stress!!! I want to send baked goods in there too! I really need to get things done this weekend, because next weekend we have our grandsons! I really love Christmas, but the time just gets away from me! I will feel better once I get things done!

18! WHEE!

I'm not done either. I have more sock stuff to do, and shopping for my Mom to do.

I DID get my Secret Santa gift off (Thanks to Amazon here too) after much freaking out. I just could NOT get it all to work, so I ended up sending a gift certificate. I know that is not the spirit of the thing, but it wasn't working well any other way. Hopefully my recipient won't be unhappy with that. I also GOT my gift from my SS. I got a HUGE pile of chocolate, and they are beautiful and smell like heaven. I can't wait to break them open after dinner. Heeheehee.

The Snow! The Snow! It's here!!!!!! 6 inches in 4 hours...It's freaklin' beautiful outside!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom