Looking for a WOW cookie recipe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

callmaker60

Senior Cook
I have cook books, all type of internet recipes, what's your wow cookie? I am tired of making the regular, choc. chip, sugar, pumpkin, I need something different...:chef:

I have been making these lately and i can't keep them in the house

1- roll of chocolate chip cookie dough
pess into a 13 x 9 pan that has parchment paper on the bottom
1- bag of reese peanut butter cups
line them up onto of the chocolate chip cookie dough
1- brownie mix
mix according to package and then our over the peanut butter cups
and choco chip dough
Bake 350 - 45- 55 min

also could use oreos, candybars , instead of the peanut butter cups

Anise Cookies

Anise Cookies

3 Eggs
1 C Sugar
½ Oz Anise Extract
¾ C Shortening
½ C Milk
¼ tsp Salt
4 tsp Baking Powder
3 C Flour

Beat the eggs and sugar together.

Blend in the anise, shortening and milk.

Separately combine the salt, flour and baking powder together, and combine with the eggs and sugar mixture.

Drop ping-pong ball size portions of the dough onto a cookie sheet.

Bake in a 350 F oven for 8-13 minutes.

For the Frosting:

Combine confectioner’s sugar, and milk to make a frosting.

Dip the tops of the cooled cookies into the frosting mixture.

Sprinkle colored sugar or sprinkles on the top.

Look under the lid on the Quaker oats thing. Use that recipe but use golden raisins and McCormick's Saigon Cinnamon.

Yum.

These Chocolate Hazlenut Cookies have turned into a favorite around here for the holidays. They do take a little time, but they're well worth it. They're not cloyingly sweet and they store (and ship) very well.

My only change is to grind up some extra hazelnuts and roll the edge of cookie through them after the chocolate dip.

Since I don't bake, I would happily volunteer to taste test all the recipes. Please feel free to bake them and send to me! :yum:

Last edited:
These are amazing:
CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO CHEWS
A Monster of a Cookie
PH2006071301541.jpg

Another great one:
JAM THUMPRINTS (rolled in coconut):
Jam Thumbprint Cookies Recipe : Ina Garten : Recipes : Food Network

I made the "The Chew" chocolate, chocolate chip cookies with sea salt. The sea salt makes the whole flavor thing just pop in your mouth. I was so surprised. :angel:

Holy cow ... my oven will be working overtime with all these great cookie recipes .. boy are my neighbors gonna love me now !!! :LOL:

Thanks to all of you for sharing these and thanks to callmaker for asking for wow cookies .. mission accomplished I think ! :yum:

Last edited:
*I forgot to note:
For the CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO CHEWS, there's a typo in the recipe. It should be 1 1/4 cups flour NOT 1/4 cup.

I wish I still had my "Joy of Cookies" cookbook, it was the first casualty when Shrek was told he was diabetic.

Anise Cookies

3 Eggs
1 C Sugar
½ Oz Anise Extract
¾ C Shortening
½ C Milk
¼ tsp Salt
4 tsp Baking Powder
3 C Flour

Beat the eggs and sugar together.

Blend in the anise, shortening and milk.

Separately combine the salt, flour and baking powder together, and combine with the eggs and sugar mixture.

Drop ping-pong ball size portions of the dough onto a cookie sheet.

Bake in a 350 F oven for 8-13 minutes.

For the Frosting:

Combine confectioner’s sugar, and milk to make a frosting.

Dip the tops of the cooled cookies into the frosting mixture.

Sprinkle colored sugar or sprinkles on the top.

Oh yum! I'm stealing this recipe :yum:
Can I put some whole anise seed in?

I made these because my groshree store was giving the Nut-Trition away, free-fer-nuthin. I won't call it peanut butter because it has a whole lot of stuff other than peanuts and salt in it, but I figured it would be okay for cookies.

Planter's Nut-Trition Cookies

Ingredients:

• [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]3 cups all purpose flour[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 teaspoon baking powder[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 teaspoon salt[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 12oz jar of Planter's Nut-trition peanut spread [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]2 teaspoons vanilla extract[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]½ cup (packed) brown sugar[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]½ cup granulated sugar[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]2 large eggs[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Instructions:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Sift flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl. In a large bowl, beat butter, peanut spread and vanilla until well blended. Beat in both sugars. Scrape down sides of bowl. Stir half of dry ingredients into mixture. Add eggs 1 at a time, stirring well after each addition. Mix in remaining dry ingredients.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Roll heaping tablespoonsful of dough into balls and arrange 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Using back of fork, flatten dough balls and form crosshatch design on tops. Bake cookies until dry on top and golden brown on bottom, about 14 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheets 5 minutes then transfer to racks to cool completely.[/FONT]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom