Dinner Tuesday 11th December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cold here...finally. We even brought in the brass monkey last night.

Good day for soup and I have a huge bag of oxtails in the freezer so I think I'll make a big pot of oxtail soup for tonight. There are still quite a few potato rolls left, which will be nice to slather with butter and have with the hot soup. I'm gettin' hungry already.

One cup of rice baked with chicken stock, tomato sauce, onions, sweet red peppers, parmigiano reggiano, locatelli romano, goose fat and hot red pepper flakes and accompanied by a half ring of kielbasa each.

Last edited:
Green Salad, Coq Au Vin, Baked Macaroni & Cheese, Mini Blackberry Pies
(check out this wonderful french mac & cheese recipe in the pasta section) :yum:

We are having pasta with sausage...I can't seem to get enough of it lately! Oh, and a green salad, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noodles with Asian dressing over them and some slices of bbq pork and baby pok choy sliced in with green onions...Dab with more soy sauce some white rice, and ice cream sandwiches for dessert.
kades

Last edited:
Noodles with Asian dressing over them and some slices of bbq pork and baby pok choy sliced in with green onions...Dab with more soy sauce some white rice, and ice cream sandwiches for dessert.
kades

Yum! I want some :(
We had t-bone steak with garlic and chilli, buttered pap, tomato and onion relish and sweetcorn.

I made a huge pot of soup last night so I have something to fall back on with my diet. It has curry, coconut milk, leeks and a much maligned white vegetable that I won't name :LOL:.

I will have a bowl of that while TB has the leftover chicken stir-fry and rice.

If I can find transportation I may be going to a pot-luck. I will take salad of some kind and something else I can eat.

Ribs. I was going to do rice with them, but the baked mac n cheese thing caught my eye. I'll take a look in the fridge and see about doing that to go with the ribs. There will also be some coleslaw and likely chocolates for dessert.

I made a huge pot of soup last night so I have something to fall back on with my diet. It has curry, coconut milk, leeks and a much maligned white vegetable that I won't name :LOL:.

I will have a bowl of that while TB has the leftover chicken stir-fry and rice.

If I can find transportation I may be going to a pot-luck. I will take salad of some kind and something else I can eat.

That sounds like a lovely soup Laurie :yum:

Tonight we are having roasted chicken, roasted potatoes, brown sugar glazed carrots & some kinds of beans. Can't wait first time ever cooking this!

Gorton's battered fish fillets and a vegetable. If I'm (as James says) feeling froggy, I will fry some battered mushrooms as well. Unfortunately, the cold I have been trying to avoid finally caught up with me and I'm not at my best today.

I had really wanted to make a DO meal with veggies and smoked kielbasa, but the town grocer sells two kinds of kielbasa, turkey and the kind stuffed with cheese :wacko:
So it will be steak, green beans, potato and garlic bread.
On the up side though, I noticed they started carrying whole Perdue chickens :clap:

That sounds like a lovely soup Laurie :yum:
Thanks, Kylie! It turned out very well. I am actually enjoying these "experiments" trying to make interesting food with the limited list of items I can eat at the moment! :chef:

The cauliflower worked well as a replacement for potato :angel:

Last edited:
I had really wanted to make a DO meal with veggies and smoked kielbasa, but the town grocer sells two kinds of kielbasa, turkey and the kind stuffed with cheese :wacko:
So it will be steak, green beans, potato and garlic bread.
On the up side though, I noticed they started carrying whole Perdue chickens :clap:
Pac, we have a butcher in the town my Dad used to live in not to far away that makes the most amazing smoked kielbasa - no turkey, no cheese. I wish you lived closer....

I just can't believe my grocery store doesn't have Hillshire smoked kielbasa and they've got the turkey and the cheese one. The goofs. I need my processed meat! lol

Back
Top Bottom