Dinner Friday 14th December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are trying out a new Indian takeaway that one of Steve's work colleagues suggested, looking forward to it :)

Yum Kylie :) I love Indian food!

We're having lamb ribs with cabbage and something. Haven't thought it through yet.

Last edited:
I ended up making a lamb rib and cabbage curry. I'll serve it with brown and wild rice and some french loaf on the side. I had a few tastes, it turned out really well.

I have a turkey breast roast I need to use up so will be roasting that. Since I can't have potatoes, carrots, corn, peas, I am thinking of doing a "white flowery vegetable" puree and some kale and/or other steamed greens.

I was also thinking of trying out a Gordon Ramsay brussel sprout dish for myself as I want to take it to the Beier family Christmas next Saturday. TB won't eat them so if I do this I will make him peas.

Above posts have me wanting some curry. I have some lamb in the freeze, so probably Indian Curry w/steamed rice, Green Salad, Steamed Cauliflower, Shortbread Cookies.

I hear that's delicious with a cheddar cheese, roasted garlic and bacon cream sauce.

What exactly are you saying there, Andy? That white flowery vegetables need some help? :LOL:

What I'm saying is pretty much anything would taste good with the right sauce. I'd try this sauce with chopped styrofoam (which tastes better than cauliflower).

I have no clue what's for dinner. I feel like rap and have no desire to cook. Maybe SO will surprise me with take-out. If not, franks and beans look good.

I'm in the same boat... aside from the head cold thing.
I have NO clue what's for dinner. I hate to just go to the store and wander aimlessly until something jumps into my hand, but that's what I might end up doing.
On the positive side of things though, their weekly flier is advertising Hillshire Farms smoked and regular kielbasa starting tomorrow. I wonder if that means they got some in.

I just put a chicken into the oven and smothered it with pesto and layered lemon and lime slices all over it. I put some rice mix out and the family will have to make their own salad. Hope it tastes good, and I hope I get some leftovers.

Thanks Chef :)

It was so nice, the curries they make are so creamy with so much sauce and lots of very tender chicken, it truly is delicious :yum:

Even the basmati rice is perfect, so light and fluffy...I am hungry again :ROFLMAO:

Thanks Chef :)

It was so nice, the curries they make are so creamy with so much sauce and lots of very tender chicken, it truly is delicious :yum:

Even the basmati rice is perfect, so light and fluffy...I am hungry again :ROFLMAO:

next time you know to order enough for a doggie bag :LOL:

There is never normally any left for a doggie back...but I would make an exception for you Chef...although cant guarantee it will still be hot by the time it reaches you...but a few seconds in the microwave should be okay ;)

There is never normally any left for a doggie back...but I would make an exception for you Chef...although cant guarantee it will still be hot by the time it reaches you...but a few seconds in the microwave should be okay ;)

Oh... Please don't trouble yourself. I'm on my way :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom