Butterscotch-Bacon Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
These cookies came out very good. The butterscotch flavor was pronounced, and delicious. The bacon flavor was there, but accented the butterscotch. It delicate, but there. The texture is great, and the cookies are slightly puffy, soft, with crispy edges. Here's the recipe.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups AP flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
2 packed cups brown sugar
1/2 cup bacon grease
1/2 cup butter
2 large eggs
3 tbs. water
12 oz. butterscotch chips
3/4 pound bacon

Fry the bacon until lightly crispy and remove to paper towels to drain.
Softer the butter and add to the brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the bacon grease and cream it all together. Add the eggs and stir until completely combined. Add the flour and baking powder and mix completely. Break up the bacon into crumbles, and add with the butterscotch chips to the batter.

Bake at 375' F for 11 minutes.

Really, these cookies are pretty darn good, especially the butterscotch flavor.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

The reason I made these cookies was to help a friend, who is trying to sell her and my DW's beadwork necklaces. I dropped off the cookies and my DW, and had other chores to do. I also wanted to try and sell a few of my cookbooks there as well. But I had to go back as I had to make labels for the DVD's. So I drove home, made the labels, grabbed an apple and a pear, as requested by DW, and drove back with the finished cookbook DVDs. When I got there, there were people there checking out the goods. Neckaces had been sold, which made DW happy.

Now for this gig, I made single batches of Toll House Cookies, one batch with semi-sweet morsels, one with milk chocolate morsels, both with walnuts. I made a batch of the White Chocolate/Macadamia Nut/Candy Cap & cashew cookies, and the recipe of this topic, the butterscotch-bacon cookies. Guess which cookies were adored by everyone? Yep, that right, the Butterscotch-Bacon cookies. People wanted the recipe, were willing to pay for it. I told them that it's included with the Cookbook CDz. I may get some cookbooks sold.:mrgreen: And it may be from the butterscotch-bacon cookies.

Ok that's one for my grandson Cade. He loves cookies NO NUTS PLEASE for him but the rest he will really love. Thanks for sharing with us.
kades

Bacon goes with everything. There is a bar in NY that has cocktails with a strip of baon in it for a stirrer. They also have big bowls of bacon on the bar and tables instead of popcorn or pretzels. :angel:

Bacon goes with everything. There is a bar in NY that has cocktails with a strip of baon in it for a stirrer. They also have big bowls of bacon on the bar and tables instead of popcorn or pretzels. :angel:

Sounds like a great place. So NY has a bar that serves big bowls of bacon, but you can't buy a big gulp. Too funny. Maybe the mayor doesn't know about the "bacon bar". Shhhhhhh.........:whistling. :ROFLMAO:

Do you remember the name of that bar?

Back
Top Bottom