Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   How do you do your chicken? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/how-do-you-do-your-chicken-83531.html)

4meandthem 12-28-2012 06:32 PM

How do you do your chicken?

I am watching "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" and they are driving me crazy with the different yummy ways. Korean fried chicken,Texas BBQ chicken,Rotisserie birds etc. What you all got? I usually roast one at 400 or saute in pieces in a pan with onion. I am so frying my next one!

CWS4322 12-28-2012 06:36 PM

I think I've made chicken almost every way one can make it. I particularly like buttermilk chicken. I am also fond of deep fried chicken (get a craving about once every 2-3 years for that). I have some excellent recipes for spicy chicken that I do really like. I don't cook as much chicken as I used to before getting hens, but the next one is going on the smoker. That probably won't happen until the spring. I have 7 turkeys in the freezer.

pacanis 12-28-2012 07:00 PM

Go back a couple days in the daily dinner thread. That's how I typically do my chicken, not counting wings and stuff.

chopper 12-28-2012 07:09 PM

The great thing about chicken is that you can make it so many different ways. I'm getting hungry for French's Crunchy Onion Chicken made with the French fried onions. :yum: a much better use for those onions than green bean casserole IMHO. :smile:

Kayelle 12-28-2012 07:22 PM

I cook a lot of chicken. One of my favorite ways is "Smothered Chicken", seasoned and lightly floured, browned and then cooked through in gravy that you've made in the skillet.

MrsLMB 12-28-2012 07:29 PM

Roasted, sauteed, fried, bbq, broasted, smoked .. pretty much any way is good.

kadesma 12-28-2012 07:50 PM

I do fry mine now and then, but after brownining i lay them on a cookie sheet that's been salted,has also had granulated garlic and onion powders on it then each piece of chicken gets a bath of white wine and again topped with the garlic,and onion powders, when all is done they get about a teas of melted butter over the top and go to the oven at 300 for 40-45 min or til done through. I like to put dark meat on one pan cook it first the white meat on 2nd pan and cook for a lesser time. When everything comes out of the oven I dress them with fresh chopped parsley. My dh's pharmacy partner loves this chicken so we have to invite him each time we make it. Around here it's a let's eat ma's chicken time.
Rice pilaf from Andy's mom goes with it as does a green salad.
kades

PrincessFiona60 12-28-2012 08:36 PM

Chicken thighs in an oven pan, soy sauce, ginger and garlic marinade over, cook thirty minutes, turn chicken and cook 30 min more. The sauce thickens a bit and cooks with the chicken so you can use it. So very good.

taxlady 12-28-2012 10:06 PM

I like chicken lots of ways. I usually do coq au vin, chicken cacciatore, or roast it.

PrincessFiona60 12-28-2012 10:10 PM

Chicken Piccata! Yum!!!