Post Your Favorite Subway Sub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

giftedmadness

Washing Up
I get the same freaking sub every time I go to Subway. I go there at least once a week. Here is what I get:

Spicy Italian with Monterrey Cheese bread, toasted, with pepper jack (double the cheese.)

Toppings:
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Red Onion
Black Olives
Jalapenos

Dressing:

Mayo
Chipotle Sauce
Salt & Pepper

Note: The toasted part makes a HUGE difference for me.

Please post your favorite Subway sub here so people can get a new idea on what to order. All those toppings available is intimidating somtimes!

Don't eat there. If I want a good sub I'll go to Jersey Mike's as a chain. I much prefer several of our local, single store places.

i rarely go to subway for a sandwich as i find their meat, especially the ham, to have a kind of plastic look and taste. their meatballs are horriffic, imo.

but on those rare occasions (there's one open 24 hours just a few blocks from my job), i will go for their heavily mayo'd tuna on a footlong, 9 grain honey oat bread, with hot peppers, vinegar peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, spinach, and extra onions.

besides the "meats", another reason i keep trips to subway to a minimum is that the aforementioned sandwich is over 1000 calories before adding a side of chips and a soda.

Last edited:
i rarely go to subway for a sandwich as i find their meat, especially the ham, to have a kind of plastic look and taste. their meatballs are horriffic, imo.

but on those rare occasions (there's one open 24 hours just a few blocks from my job), i will go for their heavily mayo'd tuna on a footlong, 9 grain honey oat bread, with hot peppers, vinegar peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, spinach, and extra onions.

besides the "meats", another reason i keep trips to subway to a minimum is that the aforementioned sandwich is over 1000 calories before adding a side of chips and a soda.

You really do exist!:ROFLMAO:

I like a good tuna sub from Subway from time to time. I always get freaked out when I see the big yellow or white slabs of egg they use on their breakfast subs. I reckon it's the same stuff that is used in all fast food places, I just get the heebie jeebies from seein' it

I don't care for Subway. They aren't very popular around here. I frequent a local deli that makes a fantastic Italian sub. My favorite subs are Italians and steak bombs.

Last edited:
Subway isn't as good as it used to be, seems when they changed
the way they cut the bread, the subs got less good. Maybe it
is psychological, but...
When I do go there, either the tuna or the BMT on wheat, with
lettuce, tomato, extra onions, pickles, oil, vinegar and mayo. Extra mayo.

+1

I won't eat there either because of their weird cheapo "meat"

The final time I went in a Subway I ordered the tuna and it was so grotesque I threw it in the trash.

Luckily there's a local sub shop on every corner here, should I have the urge. I like Italians with provolone, hots and oil and vinegar.

Last edited:
I go to Subway every once in a while. There aren't many goo d sub places here and the only ones I know of are a haul, and there are 3 Subways within a couple miles (one dead behind the house).

I get the spicy Italian with tomato, lettuce, onion, and if they have them the sweet bell peppers. A little oil and a lot of vinegar.

I've only ever had one kind of sub from Subway, but haven't had it in probably 15 years, so things may have changed, lol. It was a seafood sub with a little lettuce, black olives and mozzarella. Cut into threes, so it was more manageable while driving. I guess that was my version of eating healthy 15-20 years ago.

I just love their tuna sandwich. Pretty standard, pretty simple, tuna, cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, a little bit of oil and vinegar.

I can't remember the last time I ate at Subway. It's probably been years, though.

Back in the day, I used to get something called a BMT. Do they still make those? It was kind of an Italian hogie as I recall. I don't know exactly what BMT stands for, though I've always wondered if it was related to the Brooklyn-Manhattan Transit (which once operated part of the NYC subway system. Subway... get it?)

Last edited:
I can't remember the last time I ate at Subway. It's probably been years, though.

Back in the day, I used to get something called a BMT. Do they still make those? It was kind of an Italian hogie as I recall. I don't know exactly what BMT stands for, though I've always wondered if it was related to the Brooklyn-Manhattan Transit (which once operated part of the NYC subway system. Subway... get it?)

I think BMT was biggest,meatist, tasteist.

I'm really surprised at how many people seem to like their tuna. I've seen that glob in the service container and it looks gross to me, but then I don't think I've ever had a tuna sandwich anywhere but home. I'm sure that nasty looking stuff is not albacore white tuna and that's all I'll eat. That being said, I sometimes grab a "spicy Italian" with Provolone on a toasted white bun with a little lettuce, tomato, onion, bell pepper, olives, oil and vinegar. Not bad.

I like the tuna and the spicy Italian. I also like that you can pile on as many veggies as you want, I get some of everything, especially the banana peppers.

I'm really surprised at how many people seem to like their tuna. I've seen that glob in the service container and it looks gross to me, but then I don't think I've ever had a tuna sandwich anywhere but home. I'm sure that nasty looking stuff is not albacore white tuna and that's all I'll eat. That being said, I sometimes grab a "spicy Italian" with Provolone on a toasted white bun with a little lettuce, tomato, onion, bell pepper, olives, oil and vinegar. Not bad.

The tuna that drove me away permanently looked like cat food and had the texture of thick paste like it had been put in a blender. And it smelled.

Veggie Delight on wheat

Pepper jack cheese, and I ask them to put red onions and oregano on it BEFORE toasting.
Then it's spinach, tomatoes, a little more red onion, olives, banana peppers, extra jalapenos, cucumbers, salt & pepper, oil & vinegar--really light on the oil.

and NO MAYONNAISE lol

That's my standard sub there, for $5 it's a good deal plus it's only ~550 calories for a 12 inch. Sometimes I'll have them add guacamole but hardly ever since it's not worth $1.50.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom