Chocolate Cream Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
My daughter asked for a Chocolate Cream Pie for Christmas. Then she came down with the flu. I knew if I made it at that time, she would never even get a piece of it. She wouldn't even get to see it. So I held off. So today is Choclate Cream Pie day for me. I bought the premade Oreo Cookie pie crust. And I am gong to do something I never do when I am making the pie for her. I am going to use the cooking style boxed choclate pudding. I usually make my own chocolate pudding, but not today. I will make my own whipped cream though. She started this month's chemo last night. So I want to get it to her before she starts to feel the effects of the chemo.

She is gong to try to go back to work next month part-time. Twenty hours a week is all she thinks she can handle. She will be taking the chemo week off and work the other weeks. The Chocolate Cream Pie will help keep her spirits up. :angel:

Great news for your daughter, Addie. But now you have my mouth watering for a chocolate cream pie.

Mine too! I love CCP.

I made one about a month ago for my tennis team but hardly anyone would eat it after I told them it was made from tofu...

Would they have noticed if you hadn't told them?

Glad to hear about your daughter doing better, Addie!

Last edited:
Mine too! I love CCP.

I made one about a month ago for my tennis team but hardly anyone would eat it after I told them it was made from tofu...

I probably would have passed too. I can detect soy in just about anything and I don't enjoy it at all. This may be from having to exist on almost nothing but soy formula until I was 4, because I was allergic to so many foods.

She's lucky to have a mom like you Addie! That cook and serve pudding is the next best thing to scratch, it'll be awesome!

I had a pint of heavy cream and whipped all of it. So I took some of it and mixed it in the chocolate pudding. Chocolate mouse'! Nice and creamy. If I do use a box pudding it has to be the cooking one. I do not like the instant ones at all.

She must have liked it. I haven't heard from her. I will call her tomorrow. Her husband came to pick it up and I told him he was not to eat any of it unless my daughter offered him a slice or two. Which I know she did.

Thank you all for your concern and love. :angel:

I had a pint of heavy cream and whipped all of it. So I took some of it and mixed it in the chocolate pudding. Chocolate mouse'! Nice and creamy. If I do use a box pudding it has to be the cooking one. I do not like the instant ones at all.

She must have liked it. I haven't heard from her. I will call her tomorrow. Her husband came to pick it up and I told him he was not to eat any of it unless my daughter offered him a slice or two. Which I know she did.

Thank you all for your concern and love. :angel:
You are one great Momma, your daughter loved that pie and I'll bet she shared with her DH she learned how from her mom.:angel:
kades

Ok Addie, you made me hungry for chocolate pie. I'm making one today! We might be going to a friends place for a little celebration for his birthday, and I may need to take that along. Thanks for putting the idea in my head. :angel:

Ok Addie, you made me hungry for chocolate pie. I'm making one today! We might be going to a friends place for a little celebration for his birthday, and I may need to take that along. Thanks for putting the idea in my head. :angel:

My pleasure. One can never have too much chocolate in any form. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom