Dinner Saturday 5th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we made Jamie's Sausage Carbonara from Jamie's Italy cookbook :)

It was amazing, the flavours were sensational, very rich and tasty dish :)

1000953.JPG

that looks delicious, kylie!!! i want to lick my screen.

we're going out to rent skis for my son for the season and to get him some snow pants and a winter jacket, then it's off to The Iron Horse Westwood NJ for dinner.

every table gets a plate of pickles and coleslaw to start, and then we always go for their fantastic french onion soup.

i almost always order the chattanooga chicken (grilled chicken breast on a baguette, topped with bbq sauce, canadian bacon, and melted mozzarella) with steak fries, what they call railroad tie fries.

my boy usually gets the pulled pork or burger sliders and sweet potato fries, and dw often gets the baked half chicken or the asian chicken salad.

it's scary how i know what we're going to order as creatures of habit. :pig:

Last edited:
I'm making smoked pork spare ribs and homemade French onion bread and an assortment of homemade pickled and preserved veggies on the side.

1000953.JPG
That looks wonderful. My favorite pasta dish....I love it with pancetta and/or bacon, but sausage seems to give it more depth in flavor overall. Must be the seasoning in sausage that bacon doesn't have. Yummy! Nice to see you didn't skimp on the meat either!

Last edited:
Very nice, Kylie. I love sausage with pasta. I have a dish that was posted here long ago with sausage, penne, peas and mascarpone.

If I get into the store today, tonight's dinner will be some kind of sea food. Maybe a clambake or maybe cioppino.

Snip, I sure do...love Jamie's food!

There has been the odd one we are not overly keen on, but generally we love his dishes

Last edited:
Thank you so much everyone :)

It was so lovely to have such a rich Italian dish...tasted better than some we have had out ;)

It was very rich and creamy, the pancetta was quite salty as was the Italian sausage but all the flavours seemed to blend perfectly well!

Rock, we did use a fair amount of the meat...it was 3 Italian sausages, you take the meat out of the skin and 2 thick slices of pancetta YUM!

Last edited:
kylie, kylie-- that's an absolutely delicious-looking plate, yuM! you are a natural with that camera, too! show us more....:)

Thanks V :)

With the camera...I took the shot and Steve says, you should use the Macro setting for the close ups remember....so next time I will, as the macro setting takes fabulous up close and personal shots ;)

Have a bunch of cold cuts to make subs during tonights vikings/ packers game...

Lovely, Kylie!

Am going to whip up some Greek yogurt dip, then thinking about BBQ sauced shrimp on the George Foreman grill.

Too bad I'm about a day late for dinner at Kylie's house. That pasta and sausage looks delightful!

We are having steak and shrimp tonight. Maybe rice or maybe sweet potato fries to go with. I will also cook up some sort of veggie on the side.

Back
Top Bottom