Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Dinner Sunday 6th January (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/dinner-sunday-6th-january-83732.html)

Kylie1969 01-05-2013 11:08 PM

Dinner Sunday 6th January
 
Shortly we are heading out to try some Indian at a takeaway place that we have been to once before but only tried their Samosa and cheese naan

That particular night we had only just had dinner, but when for a drive to this takeaway shop to get a menu

We walked in and the aromas were amazing that we just had to try something right there and then but were pretty full, hence just the entree and naan.....they were delicious and we were stuffed :rofl:

Snip 13 01-06-2013 03:41 AM

I love Indian food! My favourite thing to order is butttered naan with paneer korma yum!
Indian people make the best vegetarian food :) I don't usually eat meat when we have Indian meals.

We are having cornish pasties with cucumber, carrot and beetroot salad tonight.

pacanis 01-06-2013 04:35 AM

Cioppino tonight for dinner.

Gravy Queen 01-06-2013 04:52 AM

I have some Christmas Stilton to use up so shall make a batch of broccoli and Stilton soup .

Snip 13 01-06-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacanis (Post 1226132)
Cioppino tonight for dinner.

Yum! Bought or homemade? I've had it at restaurants but never tried making it. Do you have a good recipe?

Snip 13 01-06-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravy Queen (Post 1226133)
I have some Christmas Stilton to use up so shall make a batch of broccoli and Stilton soup .

I just love broccoli and stilton soup :yum: Wish it was cooler so I could make some! It's scorching in SA at the moment :sad:

pacanis 01-06-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snip 13 (Post 1226137)
Yum! Bought or homemade? I've had it at restaurants but never tried making it. Do you have a good recipe?

I'll make it. I made it last football season when I was doing my PPPC thing, making a dish that the city of the football team my team was playing is known for. My Cleveland Browns were playing San Francisco and San Fran is known for their cioppino. I dug up this recipe on the web and I'll be making it the same way: Cioppino Recipe - Allrecipes.com I even have the sourdough bread :wink:

Rocklobster 01-06-2013 07:26 AM

Roast beef dinner for us tonight. Mashed taters, green beans. I have had a sirloin tip sitting wrapped in cheescloth dry aging since Wednesday. It has shrunk quite a bit and has become very leathery on the outside. Looking forward to trying it. It it is no good it will just be mashed potatoes and beans...:lol:

Snip 13 01-06-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacanis (Post 1226161)
I'll make it. I made it last football season when I was doing my PPPC thing, making a dish that the city of the football team my team was playing is known for. My Cleveland Browns were playing San Francisco and San Fran is known for their cioppino. I dug up this recipe on the web and I'll be making it the same way: Cioppino Recipe - Allrecipes.com I even have the sourdough bread :wink:

Like the look of this recipe :yum: I must try it! We don't have decent scallops here but extra shrimp is always good!
I'm a seafood nut :wacko:

love2"Q" 01-06-2013 07:40 AM

Burgers tonight...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.