Dinner Thursday 10th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Swedish meatballs in gravy on mashed potatoes, (frozen) garden green beans, a sliced personal size Compari tomato and peach upside down cake using Costco jarred peaches. Sometimes I am full of myself, sometimes I am just full . This is one time where I am glad I can pat myself on the back and say . well done. Actually, I was home alone, so I just burped and then thought, Well, good job. Sure am glad there are leftovers today.

I picked up some beautiful eye of round minute steaks from the butcher (got a good haul of meat deals today!). I seared them to medium rare, made an au jus and served TB's with rice and peas and mine with cucumbers and cauliflower.

They were huge and delicious! :chef:

I'll be reheating that lamb burger tonight. I may make some mashed potatoes and gravy to go with it. I wish I had some green beans or something...

I think Green Beans, along with carrots and broccoli are the best "goes with anything" vegetable. Ok, cabbage too. And Onions. and a garden ripe tomato. Jumping Jiminy. Next I 'll be talking myself into becoming vegeterarium.

Last edited:
Green beans and broccoli are my favorite veggies.
I do have carrots though... I could always steam a couple to get them started, then put them in the saute pan with the shallots while I make the gravy.
Yep. That'll work.

I made Powerplantop's http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/ginger-scallion-noodles-83450.html#post1221118. I sliced some beef tenderloin very thin and marinated it in sherry, fish sauce, Worcestershire, mashed garlic, and a bit of sesame oil. Then I sautéed it and served it over the noodles. Yum. But, I think I will change the proportions a bit next time I make it. There wasn't enough ginger/scallion for the amount of noodles.

I'm making a lightened-up Alfredo sauce with steamed asparagus and peas to serve alongside pan-seared pork loin chops and some sort of pan sauce.

Tacos.. soft tacos.. or maybe queasadillias(sp) with a ton of sour cream cheese and pickled jalapenos.. wondrr if smoked gouda is good on tacos...

Back
Top Bottom