Snip's TNT Pomegranate and Litchi Liqueuer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
This makes a lovely gift or special treat just for you :yum:
The colour is gorgeous too!
I use to love making liqueurs but stopped for a few years. This was my favourite creation and I'm in the mood to make it again!

1.1 lbs of pomegranate pips
10 ounces of litchis (peeled and stoned)
1tsp of lime or lemon zest
1 bottle of vodka (25fl oz)
1.1 lbs of sugar (white)
20 fl oz of water

Chop the litchi flesh and lightly crush with a potato masher, bruise the pomegranate seeds to help release the juice. Add pomegranate seeds, litchi flesh and lime or lemon zest along with the vodka in a sterilised glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
Leave to stand in a warm spot for 10 days. Shake once or twice every day.
Strain mixture through cheese cloth twice and set aside.
Mix the sugar and water in a pot. Simmer for 20 mins. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Mix sugar syrup and vodka mixture and pour into clean bottles of your choice. If using corked bottles use new corks. Store at room teperature for 2 months before drinking.

Enjoy!

If you can't find pomegranates you can use the same quantity of cherries instead. Crushed and stoned as with the litchis.

Last edited:
This makes a lovely gift or special treat just for you :yum:
The colour is gorgeous too!
I use to love making liqueurs but stopped for a few years. This was my favourite creation and I'm in the mood to make it again!

1.1 lbs of pomegranate pips
10 ounces of litchis (peeled and stoned)
1tsp of lime or lemon zest
1 bottle of vodka (25fl oz)
1.1 lbs of sugar (white)
20 fl oz of water

Chop the litchi flesh and lightly crush with a potato masher, bruise the pomegranate seeds to help release the juice. Add pomegranate seeds, litchi flesh and lime or lemon zest along with the vodka in a sterilised glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
Leave to stand in a warm spot for 10 days. Shake once or twice every day.
Strain mixture through cheese cloth twice and set aside.
Mix the sugar and water in a pot. Simmer for 20 mins. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Mix sugar syrup and vodka mixture and pour into clean bottles of your choice. If using corked bottles use new corks. Store at room teperature for 2 months before drinking.

Enjoy!

If you can't find pomegranates you can use the same quantity of cherries instead. Crushed and stoned as with the litchis.
Oh my that sounds good. Is that Imperial ounces of water or US ounces? They aren't the same, neither are the quarts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom