Dinner Saturday 12th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Snip :)

I like the sound of both your meals....maybe meatballs?

I think meatballs are a better option too since I won't eat the chicken. Not really in the mood for rice with sauce :LOL:
I'll make the chicken some other time!
Meatballs it is. I'll make Spaghetti for hubby and kids and make roast veggies for all of us.
I like eating my meatballs with veg. Thank you for making my decision for me :LOL:

Change of plans for dinner. I'll make the meatballs tomorrow. Hubby wants steak, eggs, grilled tomato and toast. Breakfast for dinner without the bacon.

Change of plans for dinner. I'll make the meatballs tomorrow. Hubby wants steak, eggs, grilled tomato and toast. Breakfast for dinner without the bacon.

Breakfast without bacon? Is that allowed? :ROFLMAO:

I will be making enchiladas for supper this evening. :yum:

Since last nights meal was on the heavy side I'll lighten things up today. I have tequila lime chicken marinating which will go on the grill later. We'll eat them in tortilla wraps with lettuce, tomato, salsa and cheese. I'll make some guacamole with avocado and some greek yogurt. And after eating our nice, healthy meal we'll have just a mere sliver of mocha cake with some vanilla gelato. Yes, we will all be exceptionally disciplined and eat just the smallest morsel. (Ha!)

Making Pozole Rojo for dinner tonight. Haven't had it in a while. Simmering on the stove now....smells wonderful.

I will be roasting a couple game hens - James calls them baby chickens :LOL:, which we will have with baked potatoes (with sour cream and chopped green onions), and a frozen vegetable blend.

How are you doing your stuffing, Andy?

I'm having fatty ribs tonight. The local grocer only handles these fatty ones now, but I really had a taste for ribs. Nothing a little extra time on the grill won't fix. I'll probably fix some beans, too, which means the addition of bacon, onion and hot dogs :pig:

Attachments

• ribs1.jpg
    ribs1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 173
How are you doing your stuffing, Andy?...

A boneless turkey breast half can't really be stuffed so I'm cheating. I normally make my own with Bell's Seasoning. Today I bought a box of Bell's version of stove top stuffing. I'm hoping it taste's similar to the stuff I made at Thanksgiving.

A boneless turkey breast half can't really be stuffed so I'm cheating. I normally make my own with Bell's Seasoning. Today I bought a box of Bell's version of stove top stuffing. I'm hoping it taste's similar to the stuff I made at Thanksgiving.

So you're making it on the stove top? I've done that before, jazzing it up with sauted celery/onion, broth instead of water and stuff like that, but I've been thinking of cooking it right in the same vessel as the turkey parts somehow next time.
I was hoping you would be the first :D

I'm still getting over my cold and have no appetite. We girls went shopping today and blew a wad on THE DRESS! My future DIL looked so lovely in it. It's perfect for her. She was beaming from ear to ear and hadn't even seen herself in a mirror. She said it just felt right. We went to lunch afterwards and I came home and took a nap. I think we'll just have sandwiches or if anyone wants something else, they can cook it themselves.

So you're making it on the stove top? I've done that before, jazzing it up with sauted celery/onion, broth instead of water and stuff like that, but I've been thinking of cooking it right in the same vessel as the turkey parts somehow next time.
I was hoping you would be the first :D

This box calls for celery and onion. I'll probably add some mushroom too. Definitely broth in place of water.

Back
Top Bottom