pans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mumu

Senior Cook
reduce by 25 degrees dark and non stick pans. does this mean only dark non stick or all non stick? thanks. my non stick pans are grey color.... and i never did reduce before, but i just read this and am not sure what they mean.

Most nonstick pans are darker than the shiny, aluminum type pans. The oven temperature should be reduced by 25 degrees, regardless of whether they're black or grey, since the darker pans conduct more heat than the lighter, shiny pans. There are some light nonstick pans, but I don't think you need to reduce the temperature in that case, since it's basically the dark color that causes more heat absorption.

Last edited:
was at one of the cooking stores and they said they have nonstick white and gold color very light in color and also a grey and they said ones like these u dont do it too. dark ones only and there are dark ones in non stick out there. so u are saying to reduce all non stick no matter the color?

was at one of the cooking stores and they said they have nonstick white and gold color very light in color and also a grey and they said ones like these u dont do it too. dark ones only and there are dark ones in non stick out there. so u are saying to reduce all non stick no matter the color?

No, that's not what I'm saying - If you read my post again, you'll see that I said to reduce the temperature for the black and grey ones, but not the white ones. I've been baking for many years, and have always reduced the temperature by 25 degrees for the black and grey ones with perfect results.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom