ISO Portuguese Sopas recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
As a Kid and even now I stillremember the smell of meat cooking on the grill in the area behind our home. I'd go to bed knowing that in the morning we would have dinner and lunch there. The thick day old slices of French bread soaked with broth and wine, the meat and best of all the mint spread over it all. It was like heaven. Does anyone remember this? The only recipes I can find are to boil and thn simmer the meat on the stove top then some add cabbabe to the sopas that I don't remember but that mint it was wonderful. Help please if you've had this wonderful dish.
kades

Sopas is good, yum! I've never made it but a Portuguese friend of mine's mom used to make it for us often when we visited after school. Darn that lady could cook!

I have not tried it, but is this close to what you recall? it's close not a lot os tomato to it the soup part was brown not red, not much flavor from cinnamon or cloves but i'll try it and we will see. Thanks for the recipe

My Portuguese Family and a Sopa Recipe!

Sopas is good, yum! I've never made it but a Portuguese friend of mine's mom used to make it for us often when we visited after school. Darn that lady could cook!
Does my discription ring any bells Odette?
kades

Back
Top Bottom