ISO: Help with universal headset connections

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I have one of these universal headsets--works with a phone that has the right port, an Iphone, and a laptop. I've only used this with my hands' free phone for conf calls, but now I need to use it for conf calls that are over the Internet. I can't find the instructions and don't know if the pink plug is for the "headset" port on my laptop or if the green one is. Do I have to plug both in--green and pink--to be able to use the headset with my laptop (listen and speak)? My other laptop was easy--I just plugged in the headset to a headset port and I could speak and hear conference calls. Can anyone tell me what the difference is re: the pink and the green plug? Do I plug one in the microphone port and the other into the headset port? Which one goes in which port?

Attachments

• Dont know 019.jpg
    Dont know 019.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 207
The ports are sometimes color coded. I'd plug them in and test. If it doesn't work, reverse them. It won't harm the computer.

If your laptop isn't color coded, a desktop may be.

The ports are sometimes color coded. I'd plug them in and test. If it doesn't work, reverse them. It won't harm the computer.

If your laptop isn't color coded, a desktop may be.
Thanks, Andy, my laptop isn't color-coded, my "stand-alone" is, but the software is on my laptop and I don't know if I can get the licenses transferred. I'll ask to have the conf bridge opened up this weekend for me to test this headset so I don't have to do it while on a conf call. Unless s/one else has the answer? I don't really want to buy another headset--I have three and I don't like using the "microphone" on the laptop because it gets distorted. I need to be hands-free so I can add comments and manipulate files without having to deal with a phone. I also don't like using the speaker phone feature--sounds as if everyone is talking underwater.

Do you have Skype installed? Even if you don't use it for communication, it includes a testing feature where you can test the mike and headphones without calling someone.

Just look on the desktop to see if pink is microphone or headset and green is headset or microphone. Use the same legend for the laptop.

On my laptop PINK is the microphone connection and GREEN is the headphone connection. Plug in both and you should be able to use the headset to hear and speak.

My laptop has a third plug, black for stereo headphone only hookup.

On my laptop PINK is the microphone connection and GREEN is the headphone connection. Plug in both and you should be able to use the headset to hear and speak.

My laptop has a third plug, black for stereo headphone only hookup.
Thanks--that works!

Back
Top Bottom