Dinner Sunday 27th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are making homemade Butter Chicken with basmati rice, pappadoms and hot mango chutney :chef:

Tonight we are making homemade Butter Chicken with basmati rice, pappadoms and hot mango chutney :chef:

I would get excited but you know how I feel about chicken :LOL:
I would have loved the sound of that a few years ago :)

I am making roast lamb, roast potatoes, spiced rice and baked gemsquash. Hubby's b-day so he wants a roast dinner. And we're having old fashioned milktart (he's not a fan of cake)

I made the Chicken Vesuvio that was posted a few days ago - I think it was Cerise. It was delicious! I added the artichokes but had to pass on the mushrooms. They would have been a good addition, but it was great the way it was. I thickened the sauce up a bit with cornstarch and we loved it! :)

I made the Chicken Vesuvio that was posted a few days ago - I think it was Cerise. It was delicious! I added the artichokes but had to pass on the mushrooms. They would have been a good addition, but it was great the way it was. I thickened the sauce up a bit with cornstarch and we loved it! :)

I'm glad you liked it, LPB. :)

I'm making tonkatsu with soba noodles. Going to put all of it on a bed of greens (our green-low-lights are going off! So I bought a container of mixed baby greens and baby spinach)(everyone who believes you should only buy local and in season, what in the heck are you supposed to do when it is -5 in the mornings?). The Tonkatsu sauce I bought, bottled, is a bit too sweet, so I'll make something from scratch. Alternatively I have a bottle of peanut and one of sesame "salad dressings" and might just cheat and use on on the noodles, the other on the greens.

All the Dinner's sound outstanding! I'm braised short beef ribs with celery,carrots, onions, and leeks in a beef broth and red wine simmered for two hours.. probably have corn bread with it.

:chef:"Always kiss the cook "
All the Dinner's sound outstanding! I'm braised short beef ribs with celery,carrots, onions, and leeks in a beef broth and red wine simmered for two hours.. probably have corn bread with it.

This was actually Saturday's meal. I get so confused! :LOL::LOL:

Not too sure about today but it will either be roast beef or chicken wings and not sure what I will do with either. Then again, it could be salmon....

Ma's Sunday is going to be sopas, stuffed onions, broccoli salad, lots of French bread to pour the sopas over, bruschetta with strawberries and anchovey dip /chips..Custard pie for dessert.
kades

Nice meals, all!

We have leftover rice from Friday's Chinese dinner, so am thinking fried rice.

Ahh, Sunday. A day of rest. Not. lol. Have lots to do around the house, so it's going to be simple comfort food:

Meatballs braised in red wine
Spinach & cheese ravioli
Lemon garlic bread

If we're up to it, later a stop at our favorite Italian place for tiramisu & coffee.

Here's the link to the Chicken Vesuvio, if anyone wants to give it a go:

Chicago Style Chicken Vesuvio - Proud Italian Cook

Wanted to mention, this is a great dish. I will be making it again using chicken breasts, prepared on the stovetop.

I was thinking of making it with chicken breasts (for me) and boneless thighs (for TB). That is a good idea just doing it on the stovetop, Cerise. I may try that too. This is going to be a regular in our menu plans so thanks so much for suggesting it.

And just to let you know how much I like it, I pinned it on my Pintrest board and let a couple of friends from there and Facebook know about it! They are both interested in trying it as well! :)

I'm making tonkatsu with soba noodles. Going to put all of it on a bed of greens (our green-low-lights are going off! So I bought a container of mixed baby greens and baby spinach)(everyone who believes you should only buy local and in season, what in the heck are you supposed to do when it is -5 in the mornings?). The Tonkatsu sauce I bought, bottled, is a bit too sweet, so I'll make something from scratch. Alternatively I have a bottle of peanut and one of sesame "salad dressings" and might just cheat and use on on the noodles, the other on the greens.

This is the Tonkatsu Sauce that I make:
½ cup ketchup
2 tablespoons soy sauce.
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon apple sauce
½ tablespoon spicy mustard
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Pinch of black pepper
1 or 2 tablespoons Ginger juice
Juice of half a lemon
2 tablespoons of sugar (brown sugar is better)
Boil for 2 minuets

I'm making the pork roast we used to eat on Sundays when I lived in Germany. It is cooked in a clay oven (mine is a Tuscan Oven). Side of green beans. I was going to take a picture before I put it in the oven, but left the camera on (again) and am now recharging the batteries. It already is starting to make the house smell wonderful. I'll post the recipe with the finished dish pic later. Basically it is a pork pot roast--pork roast, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, onions, raisins, apples, beer, seasonings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom