Superbowl XLVII Food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

97guns

Senior Cook
i guess i'll be making some pizza and chicken wings

any other idea's that might be "out of the box"

lots of finger foods, small bagels stuffed with pesto cream cheese and chopped green onions, ham and salami rolled round a pepperoncini, with cream cheese to hold the roll, small sweet hawaaian rolls filled with tuna salad,olives,pickles,pumpernickle bread with roast beef,cheese, and also pastrami and cheese sandwiches chips and dessert cake and pie and cookies.
kades

I was thinking jalapeno poppers or ABTs. Frou frou mini quiches from Costco or Sam's Club (not particularily manly, but pretty darn tasty IMHO).

Last edited:

As in, it comes out of a box or as in, a little different/think outside the box?

You could make pan popped pop corn. Use a little rendered bacon fat as the oil and it gives it an amazing flavor. Or use regular oil and then toss with chili powder and corriander. Also, if you don't have popcorn salt but still want just plain salted popcorn, I've found adding the salt to the pan immediately after adding the kernals, works out well. And of course you can always toss it with melted or clarified butter.

Home made tortilla chips (flour or corn would work) and home made salsa would be good.

Mini pigs in a blanket using the little smoked sausages or mini hot dogs might be fun.

Bacon wrapped jalepenos filled with cream cheese and green onion are good. Or if you prefer sausage, mix crumbled sausage with cream cheese and top with finely shredded cheddar and fill the jalepenos with that. Grill or bake both versions.

There's lots of things you can do with those little fillo/phyllo shells. Fill with shredded beef topped with a little guacamole and/or sour cream. Or red currie chicken. Or a mix of chopped olives, tomato, and mozzarella. Or fruit. Or chocolate pudding. Or cucumber, green or kalamata olives and feta.

Slice a baguette and top each slice with a slice of jack cheese and a slice of summer sausage or hard salami.

Graham cracker sections topped with a slice of havarti and a slice of strawberrie.

Cheese cake tarts.

Grill some brats (the sausage, not the badly behaved children), and chop/crumble them. Bake some potatoes and scoop out the flesh, leaving skins in tact. Set aside the skins. Make the potatoes into mashed potatoes and mix in the chopped brats, chopped green pepper and a little mustard. Fill the potato skins with the mixture, top with shredded pepper-jack. Bake on a cookie sheet until cheese melts.

Pulled pork on biscuits or rolls.

Sweet potato fries and spiced honey mustard sauce for dipping.

That's all I've got at the moment.

Last edited:
Did this for dinner the other night and it was super super easy and a huge hit: "Wing" Pizza (diced chicken meat in buffalo sauce placed onto toasted french bread w/mozz and crumbled blue cheese) and might work for your football party.

Slice a ring of good quality kielbasa into coins about half an inch thick and place them in a covered casserole with a couple cloves of crushed garlic and a tablespoon of water. Place in a 350 - 400 degree oven for 20 or 30 minutes to heat. Serve with good mustard, horseradish and rounds of rye bread.

If you are making bacon wrapped anything save a few slices and wrap some whole pitted dates. Bake or broil until the bacon is crispy.

A big pan of bakechef's brownies to finish off the party. :yum:

Not really "out of the box," but this is what I'm making:
Spinach-Stuffed Mushrooms
Smoked Salmon Canapes
Deviled Eggs
Bruschetta with Roasted Red Peppers and Goat Cheese
Green Chile Cheese Dip with chips and pretzels
Black Bean Dip and White Bean Dip
Blue Cheese Broiled Tomatoes

Last edited:

Egg Rolls:
Philly Cheese Steak
Reuben with Thousand Island Dipping Sauce
Crab and/or shrimp
Hot Dog and cheddar w/ mustard

Mozzarella Sticks

Crab and/or shrimp nachos

Mini fish tacos w/ guacamole, tomatoes, shredded monterey jack cheese, etc.

Philly Cheese steak Pizza

Apple Pie egg rolls with vanilla ice cream

Brownie Trifle

I'm going to make a sausage and shrimp gumbo using an Alton Brown recipe where you make the roux in the oven. I have never achieved a decent roux stove top so this sounds promising.

Is the SB on at the same time as DA anywhere in the country? Cuz I would have to pick DA. And I will be eating mac anc cheese. :angel:

It's just hubby and i but i wanted to cook something so I'm making

buffalo wings with celery
red potato frie chips
guacamole
shrimp ceviche

im hoping there are enough wings, guacamole and ceviche for lunch tomorrow...and that my guacamole stays green.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom