Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
I was wondering what all you guys like to watch on TV?

Do you have favourite shows that you must watch religiously, what are your favourite shows?

Lets talk TV :)

I'll watch The Big Bang Theory whenever I happen to run across it while surfing. I enjoy even the ones I've seen a time or two before. Bazinga!

Oh, and Downton Abbey. The only thing I watch for certain is the noon news, while I have lunch. Well, now that I think about it, I watch Washington Week with Gwen Ifill if I don't forget on Friday nights.

I know these aren't particularly interesting answers for an Aussie's question, Kylie, and I hope the others' answers are better.

Doc Martin. DA, Nova, Nature, mostly PBS shows. If nothing interesting is on, I put the game channel on. Don't listen or watch it, just have it on for background noise. Sometimes it gets to be too much and I will put on a movie. I watched the remake of Stagecoach today. It was okay. :angel:

Top Chef, Chopped, True Blood, Sister Wives < I know.. strange but Im addicted to it :ohmy:

When I'm not watching movies (or that addictive English mini-series :wacko:) my TV is usually on one of the sports channels (except baseball season) or one of the science type channels... History channel, Military channel, that kind of stuff. Background TV is always sports, since I've probably already heard what they are saying half a dozen times already.

NCIS (the original) is about the only show I regularly catch. I also The O'Reilly Factor and Downton Abbey. There are lots of shows that I enjoy when they come on if I'm tuned in but don't always go looking for them.

Another Big Bang fan, and I'm perfectly happy with repeats. NCIS, Criminal Minds, CSI, SVU, Bones. Food Network and Cooking Channel on weekends. Survivor and Amazing Race when they're in season.

There are several weekly TV shows that I enjoy. Downton Abbey tops the list but there are more.

Blue Bloods. I've had a crush on Tom Selleck since we were both young.

CSI, CSI New York, Criminal Minds, The Good Wife, Law and Order SVU, Antiques Road Show, History Detectives, Doctor Pol, Pawn Stars, American Pickers

We record everything we like so we can watch it when we choose.

Lately I've been watching the series Brothers and Sisters on Netflix which was canceled after five seasons. I love it and missed it when it ran on ABC.
Another series I've watched on Netflix is Damages with Glen Close.......WOW!

I love a lot of shows, but some that top the list are, "Once Upon a Time," "The Mentalist," "Hawaii 5-0," "Warehouse 13," "Big Bang Theory," "Person of Interest," "Elementary," "Criminal Minds," and "Shark Tank." If I was only allowed to watch three shows, it would probably be "Once Upon a Time," "Warehouse 13," and "The Mentalist," but I like a wide variety of shows, including older shows. I like to work my way through seasons of shows on Netflix. I just started season 3 of "Ghost Whisperer."

Oh yes, I also LOVE cooking shows. We don't get the Food network anymore, but I watch cooking/food related shows whenever I can.

Last edited:
...one of the science type channels... History channel, Military channel, that kind of stuff.
I used to enjoy those channels when they actually were science type channels. Seems like all you see anymore is mindless programs like Hillbilly Handfishin', American Hoggers, Swamp People, and Duck Dynasty... aka redneck reality. I really don't understand America's fascination with toothless philistines. I guess "stupid" sells more than science these days. :glare:

I like good Sci-Fi myself. "Fringe" was my absolute favorite until it ended recently. I also watch "Continuum", "Grimm", and "Revolution" - although they seem more comic-book like. I watch them but am not completely sucked in.

I also love most sports (except baseball), and cooking shows such as "America's Test Kitchen", "French Food at Home", and "Mind of a Chef".

Last edited:
Law and Order of any type, CSI, NCIS, Person of Interest, The Mentalist, Big Bang Theory, Firefly, Buffy, Angel, Star Trek (TOS & NG), Elementary, Any old movie, any new movie that I like (there's thousands...) I'm sure I missed most of what's on the SciFi Channel...Warehouse 13, Sanctuary...If I'm lucky these are not all on at the same time.

I hear ya Steve. That's why I'm always switching. I don't even like seeing the commercials when I'm watching something I like. Swamp People? Really? I need to see a program about a bunch of yahoos in skiffs? :ermm: Gotta be a better, more humane way to harvest a gator IMO.
Although, in all fairness, from what I've seen flipping through the channels, Duck Dynasty is on Arts and Entertainment. Go figure. A&E? Kind of like how all of a sudden the Military Channel has been showing stuff about ancient Egypt. They are all owned by the same people so they must rotate their programming for some reason. Reinvent their channel :wacko:

My fave shows are:

Criminal Minds
The Vampire Diaries
Greys Anatomy
Revenge
The Walking Dead
Masterchef
Kung Fu Panda - Legends of Awesomeness
Coronation Street
Eastenders
Casualty
Red Dwarf
Grand Designs UK

Makes as much sense as WWE on the SciFi Channel...

Yeah, what is up with that?
Why doesn't MTV still play music and put the crap on the MTV 2...3..4 or whatever? ESPN used to be sports. Now they show poker or some other programming and you have to flip to one of the others to watch SportsCenter. I could never understand this. Is the fascination of watching something "new" overwhelming that it is the same program on a different channel? :wacko:

Grim... Other than that history channel and football... Once in a while the guy on animal planet that yells live action...

I am a huge Survivor fan so never miss that one. I also like American Idol. Started watching Cyndi Lauper-Still So Unusual and kind of like it. I watch all the cooking competitions except for Iron Chef. DH watches and I listen to CSI, Justified, O'Reilly Factor, Diggers, a couple of Gold Hunter shows and Dog Whisperer. Seems the tv is almost always on at our house !

Back
Top Bottom