Dinner Friday 8th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we made Butter Chicken and pappadoms

P1000997.JPG

That looks delicious. I had no idea that is what butter chicken and pappadoms looked like.

I think I'll have crab legs tonight.

Kylie, that looks awesome! I love butter chicken.

TB's brother is coming over tonight and I was going to do chicken legs, but have changed it to chicken wings, fries (homemade) and raw veggies. Good comfort finger food we can just sit and "pick" on while talking or watching a movie. I love having him over because they don't get enough time together and he really enjoys food! :)

Sesame Lime Chicken Salad. I went to work early so I'm home already and walked into the door starving! I'm munching on a small bowl of this to tide me over. Oh, and to taste test to make sure it's good enough for dinner. :pig:

(Yes, it is!)

Sesame Lime Chicken Salad. I went to work early so I'm home already and walked into the door starving! I'm munching on a small bowl of this to tide me over. Oh, and to taste test to make sure it's good enough for dinner. :pig:

(Yes, it is!)

Thanks for the recipe, Zereh, it looks wonderful!

And nice chicken Kylie!

We may go out for dinner tonight, not sure where.

Thank you guys, looks like Butter Chicken is a winner all round :)

Zereh, thanks for the link to that salad, it sounds and looks wonderful!

We had boeuf Bourguignon. I followed Julia Child's instructions: Julia Child - boeuf bourguignon - YouTube. I didn't have enough wine to put as much red wine as she used and I didn't have any beef stock, so I used chicken stock. Oh yeah, that was one tasty meal. Here's what our leftovers look like:
20130208_200817.jpg

I suspect that her casserole pots have tighter lids than mine do, because I had to add boiling water a couple of times, so it wouldn't "cook dry".

Looks like a pot of goodness.
Maybe sometimes when I get a wild hair... in my ear... I'll try that recipe.

I just finished my crab legs, about six clusters. Dirtiest crabs I ever had with all the barnacles, but also the sweetest.

Looks good, TL. Nothing like French comfort food.

Bacon Shrimp 'n Grits tonight with a broccoli side.
I think I might be coming down with something so I wasn't feeling overly hungry tonight. We had the bacon shrimp & grits, but the broccoli didn't make it any further than the cutting board. Maybe tomorrow.

img_1237472_0_8040f14161207201a37774747d68b8a3.jpg

We had boeuf Bourguignon. I followed Julia Child's instructions: Julia Child - boeuf bourguignon - YouTube. I didn't have enough wine to put as much red wine as she used and I didn't have any beef stock, so I used chicken stock. Oh yeah, that was one tasty meal. Here's what our leftovers look like:
20130208_200817.jpg

I suspect that her casserole pots have tighter lids than mine do, because I had to add boiling water a couple of times, so it wouldn't "cook dry".

She makes preparation look so easy !! Bonus = It was her first show. Sweet.

Double bonus = dinner with Taxi and Julia. I raise my glass to you for including this.

I ate pizza along with the show. I ordered my standard pepperoni. Special on carry out. Trudged carefully thru the snow and ice in the dark and when I got home and opened the box, it had magically transformed itself to sausage pizza. Actually, I wasnt even disappointed. Apparentally this is the evening for a surprise a minute. I fired up the desktop and tuned in DC just in time to catch Julia. Remind me next time to be more prepared and bring out the good china, not a paper plate. Bon Appetit mon ami. :yum:

Looks good, TL. Nothing like French comfort food.

I think I might be coming down with something so I wasn't feeling overly hungry tonight. We had the bacon shrimp & grits, but the broccoli didn't make it any further than the cutting board. Maybe tomorrow.

img_1237518_0_8040f14161207201a37774747d68b8a3.jpg

This looks scrummy licious! I want some :(

Back
Top Bottom