Dinner, Thursday 14th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
We are having a quick and simple dinner tonight since it is so hot, chicken fingers and a garden salad :)

We are having a quick and simple dinner tonight since it is so hot, chicken fingers and a garden salad :)

Yay!!! I can actually eat chicken fingers, they don't taste like dead chicken :LOL:

Sounds lovely Kylie and I love salad!

I'm making ostrich sausages with spicy swiss chard and samp. Still have some coleslaw with lemon dressing that I'll serve with dinner.

DW and I are collaborating on Risotto and Asparagus tonight for Valentine's Day. I'm doing the prep work and she is doing the cooking under my tutelage. I don't know if I've ever mentioned it but, other than scrambled eggs and frozen pizza, DW does not really cook at all. Should be fun!

Dinner is easy. Leftover Chili Mac. Who knew the casserole I put together yesterday already has a name. I guess all I need do is heat it up. Cabbage and pineapple salad.

Last edited:
I have a pork tenderloin begging to be cooked and eaten. Some heart-shaped cookies (not really sugar cookies--butter-cream cheese--powdered sugar--sugar--a bit of bp, flour, key lime juice, zest, Meyer Lemon juice and freshly ground black pepper. Keep meaning to drizzle them with white chocolate...). I am thinking pork tenderloin medallions with a rhubarb sauce...since I have rhubarb in the freezer...

Last edited:
I'm thinking Ruben sandwiches tonight. DH is teaching so I'll be eating alone. He eats a large lunch at work then will grab a snack when he gets home.

Instead of dining out for our Valentine's Day dinner, we're having a special dinner at Chez Glenn and Katie. We'll be having seared scallops with herbs and shallots, button mushrooms with soy butter, a mixed romaine salad, hot potato rolls with butter, a nice wine and, for dessert, a selection of cut-out Valentine cookies.

I made some big cloth Valentine napkins and have red chargers and garnet-colored wine glasses ready to keep the festive mood.

i offered to cook dw whatever she wanted, or to take her wherever she wanted to go (i was praying for le bernardin).

i just finished food shopping for salad, lobsters, filet mignon, corn on the cob, and chocolates for dessert.

eric ripert will have to wait. :(

button mushrooms with soy butter

ooooh, this sure caught my eye. Mind sharing how you do these?

NM - Google is my friend. Thanks much for the inspiration though!! I'm already picturing these on top of some creamy polenta with a poached egg ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom