Bottling my own tea drinks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
I am making my own ginseng/green tea drink now to cut down on the sugar but also to increase the health benefits of the drink. The bottled drinks sold in supermarkets have 1/3 to 1/60 of the nutrients as your own tea.

I would like to be able to make seven bottles of tea every Sunday evening and drink that for the week - or one large bottle and drink out of it for a week. I do not have room in my fridge for the tea so it would have to stay out at room temp. I also put a little bit of honey in it...am still playing around with the recipe - will consider adding some mint later.

Is it safe to do this? Would I have to strain the tea to get rid of any leaves? Do a hot water bath - similar to canning - and then cap the bottles?

Last edited:
You could freeze them. Just curious but do you really not have space for a 2 litre bottle in your fridge? What have you got in there?

I've never done it but they say that you can make your tea drinks and can them as you would other preserves by pouring the hot tea into canning jars and boiling in a water bath for ten minutes.
This sounds a bit extreme if you only want 7 servings. That would also cancel out the benefit of fresh to begin with.

thanks! I do not have a vpn yet so cannot access that link now..but will as soon as I get online. I am renting a room in an apartment now and the owner of the apartment has the fridge chocked full - to the point that I cannot add anything - maybe one green onion, but that is about it. I just don't bother...

Thanks for the input. I think what I will do is buy a small, cheap spice grinder and take it to my office. I can use that to grind the ginseng and then make my things up every morning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom