Breakfast Shake Recipe for Vegans...or Anyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian Nametko

Assistant Cook
:chef:At least several times a week I enjoy making these simple breakfast shakes from grocery fresh ingredients! They can be made in a simple blender. My ususal breakfast shake includes:

1/2 cup of pineapple juice
4 ice cubes
1/4 cup of diced carrots
2 pieces of diced cucumber
2 strawberries
1 handful of blueberries/raspberries
1 small piece of ginger, peeled
1 or 2 kale leaves
1 banana
a few unsalted almonds (if you are allergic of course leave this out!)
2 tablespoons of flax seed
1 small greek yogurt (any flavor or brand you choose)

Blend in your blender for at least 30 seconds until all ingredients are well incorporated:ROFLMAO:! Full disclosure I am not a vegan, but this is an equal-opportunity-breakfast for all!

There are plenty of healthy antioxidants and nutrients in this shake to use this as a morning meal replacement at least several times a week!

Cheers!:chef:

Brian Nametko

Just looking at the title, it made me think of summer. Blueberries and raspberries, which I have lots of. You got 'em in there. Bananas, almost always, and frozen strawberries in winter. You include these as well. Sweet.

Something that will provide delicious flavor, and required nutrients -

Protein shake:

1/2 cup cooked navy beans
1 frozen banana
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cooked pumpkin
3/4 cup of sweetener
1 cup almond or soy milk.
1/2 tsp. salt

Place all ingredients into your blender, or food processor. Blend until silky smooth.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind Of the North

:chef:At least several times a week I enjoy making these simple breakfast shakes from grocery fresh ingredients! They can be made in a simple blender. My ususal breakfast shake includes:

1/2 cup of pineapple juice
4 ice cubes
1/4 cup of diced carrots
2 pieces of diced cucumber
2 strawberries
1 handful of blueberries/raspberries
1 small piece of ginger, peeled
1 or 2 kale leaves
1 banana
a few unsalted almonds (if you are allergic of course leave this out!)
2 tablespoons of flax seed
1 small greek yogurt (any flavor or brand you choose)

Blend in your blender for at least 30 seconds until all ingredients are well incorporated:ROFLMAO:! Full disclosure I am not a vegan, but this is an equal-opportunity-breakfast for all!

There are plenty of healthy antioxidants and nutrients in this shake to use this as a morning meal replacement at least several times a week!

Cheers!:chef:

Brian Nametko

Sounds good Brian! Thanks

Something that will provide delicious flavor, and required nutrients -

Protein shake:

1/2 cup cooked navy beans
1 frozen banana
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cooked pumpkin
3/4 cup of sweetener
1 cup almond or soy milk.
1/2 tsp. salt

Place all ingredients into your blender, or food processor. Blend until silky smooth.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind Of the North

Question, Chief......."3/4 C sweetener"???

Question, Chief......."3/4 C sweetener"???

This was off the top of my head as I'm at work. the amount of sweetener was an educated guess. I'm probably a bit off, with none of my notes or recipes to consult from. Basically, you're making a cross between a pumpkin, and bean pie filling, but without the egg. You're turning the filling into a shake or smoothie. Use your favorite recipe. Mine should get you in the ball park. Adjust sweetener to your tastes. Add the other ingredients to the blender, and a little sweetener. Blend, and taste. Adjust.

Seeeeeya, Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Umm... VEGANS don't eat yogurt ….

Very true, although there are vegan yogurts ( which are fair at best), but, if added to a smoothie or some kind of breakfast shake, would probably work out fine. Its probably added more as a consistency ( creaminess) ingredient than the actual taste. And trust me, you don't want the taste of vegan yogurt as the highlighting factor.

Back
Top Bottom