Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Dinner Time, Thursday 21st February (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/dinner-time-thursday-21st-february-84442.html)

Kylie1969 02-21-2013 01:54 AM

Dinner Time, Thursday 21st February

Tonight we made a Chicken Korma Curry and had some pappadoms with mango chutney too :chef:

Snip 13 02-21-2013 05:34 AM

My favourite Korma is Paneer Korma :) love Indian meals!

I'm making smoked chicken quarters for hubby and kids and chicken liver for me. Side dishes will be paptert (polenta tart) made with leftover pap, curried cabbage, tomato and onion, mozza and gouda. Some baked butternut with garlic butter.

pacanis 02-21-2013 07:27 AM

I'm thinking a dish with sausage, peas and mascarpone that was posted here long long ago. I already dug out the printed recipe and Googled how to turn ricotta into a makeshift mascarpone.
Of course, I've got all this asparagus in the fridge, too... so while I'm out today I plan on picking up some ground lamb, mint and lemons. That's probably for tomorrow though.

GotGarlic 02-21-2013 08:02 AM

I have a Master Gardener class tonight so I'll probably have a salad before I go. At this location, they don't always have a filling dinner. DH will probably enjoy a Marie Callender's pot pie.

jabbur 02-21-2013 08:22 AM

DH is teaching and the yungun has band practice tonight so it's an everyone for themselves kind of night. There's plenty of spaghetti, chicken, rice and cold cuts as well as lettuce for salads. Folks can eat whatever they can find whenever they are hungry!

Rocklobster 02-21-2013 10:26 AM

Bottom feeding and salvaging tonight. Dug a leftover chunk of roast beef out of the freezer. Gonna chop the bajeezus out of it and make a quick chili. We have a loaf of beer bread that didn't turn out very good so its going to become garlic bread and cheese. A few chopped raw veggies to go with that...

justplainbill 02-21-2013 04:13 PM

Baked stuffed shells and braised escarole.

Whiskadoodle 02-21-2013 04:36 PM

Dinner is a kettle of vegetable beef soup simmering on the back burner. I snagged a quart of home-made chix stock from DxW and am using that as part of the broth. Didn't want to dilute it, but sie la vie. A few dried herbs parsley ( not fresh), marjarom, savory, whole thai pepper, bay leaves. Veggies are potatoes, onions, carrots, green beans , rutabaga and a cabbage smile in at the end so it stays crispy. Gramma's Danish egg dumplings. A full meal deal.

Dawgluver 02-21-2013 04:48 PM

I'd planned on smoked salmon, but DH brought home another United Way fundraiser meal, and apparently we're carb-loading: lasagna, garlic bread, and strawberry cream puffs. I'm freezing most of it.

Andy M. 02-21-2013 05:33 PM

Tonight we are having lump crab cakes and salad.