Dinner Time, Thursday 21st February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favourite Korma is Paneer Korma :) love Indian meals!

I'm making smoked chicken quarters for hubby and kids and chicken liver for me. Side dishes will be paptert (polenta tart) made with leftover pap, curried cabbage, tomato and onion, mozza and gouda. Some baked butternut with garlic butter.

I'm thinking a dish with sausage, peas and mascarpone that was posted here long long ago. I already dug out the printed recipe and Googled how to turn ricotta into a makeshift mascarpone.
Of course, I've got all this asparagus in the fridge, too... so while I'm out today I plan on picking up some ground lamb, mint and lemons. That's probably for tomorrow though.

I have a Master Gardener class tonight so I'll probably have a salad before I go. At this location, they don't always have a filling dinner. DH will probably enjoy a Marie Callender's pot pie.

DH is teaching and the yungun has band practice tonight so it's an everyone for themselves kind of night. There's plenty of spaghetti, chicken, rice and cold cuts as well as lettuce for salads. Folks can eat whatever they can find whenever they are hungry!

Bottom feeding and salvaging tonight. Dug a leftover chunk of roast beef out of the freezer. Gonna chop the bajeezus out of it and make a quick chili. We have a loaf of beer bread that didn't turn out very good so its going to become garlic bread and cheese. A few chopped raw veggies to go with that...

Dinner is a kettle of vegetable beef soup simmering on the back burner. I snagged a quart of home-made chix stock from DxW and am using that as part of the broth. Didn't want to dilute it, but sie la vie. A few dried herbs parsley ( not fresh), marjarom, savory, whole thai pepper, bay leaves. Veggies are potatoes, onions, carrots, green beans , rutabaga and a cabbage smile in at the end so it stays crispy. Gramma's Danish egg dumplings. A full meal deal.

I'd planned on smoked salmon, but DH brought home another United Way fundraiser meal, and apparently we're carb-loading: lasagna, garlic bread, and strawberry cream puffs. I'm freezing most of it.

Stirling's tummy didn't want anything greasy or fried. We had Habitant French Canadian pea soup and broiled, open faced cheese sandwiches for supper.

I got a sample of Spice Hunter Herbes de Provence blend in the mail today, and I want to try it right away. If I had known ahead of time I would have thawed a couple game hens. Instead I will melt some butter, adding the herb blend to the butter, then I will cook boneless/skinless breasts in it. Mashed potatoes and asparagus as the sides.

I had a western omelet for dinner and sugar free butterscotch pudding for dessert at about 5:30 and a snack of popcorn at 7:45.

I started feeling really shaky and lousy at 8:00. I checked my sugar and it was 50. I just had 5 ritz crackers with peanut butter and strawberry preserves and I feel a bit better but still a bit shaky.

With the day we have been having we are ordering in. I am having Lasagna with meatballs and mushrooms. TB is having a Greek Pizza.

I wasn't sure what was going to happen with dinner tonight. My sister and I were going to a late zumba class and I ended up going to her house for leftovers.....her leftover pizza and my leftover potato casserole. The potluck last night had reduced attendance due to the heavy snow so we all shared in the various leftovers. The good news is I still have all the leftovers I got home with.

Tonight we had Orange/Ginger Salmon with brown rice and steamed broccoli.

Back
Top Bottom