What is this and what can I do with it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amanoo

Assistant Cook
Hello. I recently got my hands on what appears to be some sort of wok-like thing (although it has a very small and radius and is pretty tall for its radius) along with several things that seem like some sort of strainer. Pictures:
x9JVZaCW22M6uy395ZejVszW51infZt7JfXIHbgC0FA
i--DiNdFf__w9tFDK1lkj2FmPQhDKqp6qId20RD0D8U

Can anyone tell me what exactly I'm supposed to do with it? It seems like something that could be fun, but I have no idea how to use it.

I can only guess that it is supposed to hold a heat source, but iI can't say for sure. Here is a closeup:
XGoxGQvsXIEv_24ym088G_OKsMeFWUpV9Tt51kU-Cp4

There is also this metal thing, that I presume is supposed to be used with the stand:
M3dcHAmGyH4t4CyZ2f5McK2ncCrGUF-Sr5te5K-Z8tU

It looks like a heated chafing dish. The metal 'thing' with the handle is used on cans of Sterno to snuff the flame. The Sterno can sits on the little platform and heats the pot.

As to what it's use for, I can't be sure. If it had a lid, it might be a fondue pot.

So now we're the blind men/women describing the elephant? I'm thinking it might be a chafing dish...my mother used to use chafing dishes on the buffet when she served meatballs or other such things. Hers were copper with some other metal inside. They were on stands and about 8 inches high, used sterno.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom