Dinner Wednesday 27th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having beef schnitzels with steamed cauliflower and broccoli with cheese sauce

Sounds good Kylie :)

We are having mashed potatoes, gravy and German sausages with sauerkraut.

I've bought 14 kgs (30 lbs) of potatoes on special. We are going to eat a lot of potatoes and I don't even like them lol!!!!!!
I paid R15 for the lot, that's only just over $1.50 Had to buy it!

leftover night, have some left bq chix and potatoe salad from monday and some antipasto salad from yesterday.
so thinking turning the chix into chix & cheese quesadillas alongwith the 2 salads

It's going to be vegan night...I've been eating way too much meat this week. Not sure what I'm going to do, but my friend's curry powder will probably be involved.

I'm off to a condo board meting tonight so I'll just have a bowl of beef barley with mushrooms and a hunk of baguette for dinner. SO will feed herself when she gets home.

I'm feeling kind of uninspired. I'm leaning towards something called 1-2-3 Jambalaya. A very carb heavy meal. I'm going to have to behave myself. Round things out with a green salad. I have some veggie dippers and some tatzhiki I can snack on ahead of time.

DH brought home some leftover subs from work. We'll have some carrots and tsatzki too.

We had moussaka and red cole slaw. Okay, cole slaw isn't really Greek, but I wanted any easy veg. I made the moussaka with ground lamb this time, instead of ground beef. I didn't really notice a difference in flavour, just in the smell.

20130227_195318.jpg

20130227_195558.jpg

It's going to be vegan night...I've been eating way too much meat this week. Not sure what I'm going to do, but my friend's curry powder will probably be involved.
4 cups of steamed green beans tossed with EVOO, garlic, turmeric, and curry powder. I know, it sounds weird, but it was filling--top of the pyramid. I had my protein in the morning.

I had some red snapper fillets that I got fresh from the market yesterday and didn't know what to do with them. TB suggested pasta so I seared the fish and kept it warm to cook through. I boiled pasta then flaked the fish into some pesto I made (adding a bit of lemon zest to it and lemon on the fish), and put that over the pasta. It was amazing! :)

I had some red snapper fillets that I got fresh from the market yesterday and didn't know what to do with them. TB suggested pasta so I seared the fish and kept it warm to cook through. I boiled pasta then flaked the fish into some pesto I made (adding a bit of lemon zest to it and lemon on the fish), and put that over the pasta. It was amazing! :)
+1 Sounds great!

Back
Top Bottom