ISO Oven Baked Rib recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Does anyone have a good recipe or method to make BBQ'd Beef Ribs in the oven?

Was thinking later in the week of making a few racks. Can't recall ever doing it that way.

The Qer's can now rake my ribs over the coals for being lazy and not using the smoker.. It's ok, I hear it only stings for a minute..:LOL:

Thank you

Munky.

Last edited:
I have had to do ribs in the oven since I had to move into an apartment. I'm sure you will get lots of recipes. This is mine. As usual, you can vary the ingredients to what you like, but this technique will assure you a great feed of ribs.

After taking the membrane off and trimming a bit of fat off of the ribs I rub them with a home made rub and leave them sit for a while in the fridge. Then, I put them in a roasting pan with about an inch of half-water to half-tomato juice. I find that half-water to half-ketchup, or beer works great too. I have used other seasonings instead of rub, thrown in garlic cloves, cardamom, all kinds of things will work if you like it. But the important thing is to cover this well and bake the ribs for about an hour or so at about 300 degrees.
Once I take them out, I place them on a rack with a pan underneath them and put them back in the oven. You can drop the temp a bit and I start to sauce them with my favorite sauce. (I use a home made one.) I flip and sauce every 10 minutes for about another hour. Then, I turn the oven off and let them sit for about 10 minutes before serving. They are usually fall off the bone.

I usually add a few dashes of liquid smoke in with my finishing sauce to give it a bit of a bbq taste, at least....

Last edited:
The closest I have heard it being done in the oven is that Shake and Bake has a BBQ one. I used to use it for chicken when my kids were small. :angel:

I have had to do ribs in the oven since I had to move into an apartment. I'm sure you will get lots of recipes. This is mine. As usual, you can vary the ingredients to what you like, but this technique will assure you a great feed of ribs.

After taking the membrane off and trimming a bit of fat off of the ribs I rub them with a home made rub and leave them sit for a while in the fridge. Then, I put them in a roasting pan with about an inch of half-water to half-tomato juice. I find that half-water to half-ketchup, or beer works great too. I have used other seasonings instead of rub, thrown in garlic cloves, cardamom, all kinds of things will work if you like it. But the important thing is to cover this well and bake the ribs for about an hour or so at about 300 degrees.
Once I take them out, I place them on a rack with a pan underneath them and put them back in the oven. You can drop the temp a bit and I start to sauce them with my favorite sauce. (I use a home made one.) I flip and sauce every 10 minutes for about another hour. Then, I turn the oven off and let them sit for about 10 minutes before serving. They are usually fall off the bone.

I usually add a few dashes of liquid smoke in with my finishing sauce to give it a bit of a bbq taste, at least....

Technically your way is still using the tried and true way. Water keeping the meat moist.. It's quicker to. Yeah!!!! :LOL:

By covering them do you mean to actually cover the pan with aluminum foil? Will a cast iron dutch oven be ok to use? I have 2 that have been looking a little jilted that they're hardly ever used.

It's showing I haven't done it this way..

Thank you

Munky.

Yeah. You can use anything. As long as they are covered tightly to keep in the moisture. I cut them in half and use my big dutch oven sometimes, but usually lay them out whole in a roasting pan with a tight wrap of foil...

Thankies.

I'll give it a shot with the foil method. Seems to be an easier way of doing it anyways. As the saying goes " Clean up's a snap when you use Reynolds Wrap"

Munky.

rock, merstar, and munky,

i like to get some browning action going under the broiler (or smoke them in my gas smoker for a little while when possible) first, then bake covered with a liquid, usually apple juice, at 300 until they're fall off the bone.

I slice onions about 1/2 inch thick and layer them in the bottom of a roasting pan, dry rub the trimmed ribs and seal the pan with foil. Roast in the oven until tender, unwrap and slather the sauce on, continue to cook for another 30-60 min to slightly caramelize the sauce. Use those onions as a topping for your meal. I use my lasagna pan.

OK, just did these back ribs last week and they turned out awesome!
Remove the membrane from the bone side of the ribs. Works well by tugging at it with paper towel.

Rub with whatever dry rub you like. I use garlic powder, paprika, chipotle powder, onion powder, salt & pepper. Let sit for 30 min.

Take your broiling pan (that came with your oven:) pour about 1/2-3/4" of hot water in the bottom tray and float some lemon, lime & or orange slices in the water. Put the grill part of the pan on, add the ribs bone side down & cover tightly with foil.

Cook at 375 with rack in the middle for 50 min-1hour, remove from oven, peel back the foul & brush a generous portion of your favorite BBQ sauce on both sides. Re seal the foil and cook for another 30 min.

Remove from oven, swap you oven to high broil. Remove foil & brush with sauce again.

Broil for 4-7 min but Keep an eye on them so they don't burn!!!!

Remove serve and enjoy. I was amazed how well this oven method worked. Can't wait to do them again.

Ok, Ribs are on.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
Had to make a few modifications. It's not allowed that I cook for normal people in my house. Always have a crowd around.

All in all They've had a nice dry rub put on.
Water and and all the fruit slices Slett mentioned (Nice touch!) Tighly foiled up @300.

Home made sauce is ready to go. Seasoned baked potatoes are in the oven with the ribs. Salads been made. Can I sit down now? :LOL:

I'll get back with you guys after the Critics have their say.

Munky.

Ok, Ribs are on.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
Had to make a few modifications. It's not allowed that I cook for normal people in my house. Always have a crowd around.

All in all They've had a nice dry rub put on.
Water and and all the fruit slices Slett mentioned (Nice touch!) Tighly foiled up @300.

Home made sauce is ready to go. Seasoned baked potatoes are in the oven with the ribs. Salads been made. Can I sit down now? :LOL:

I'll get back with you guys after the Critics have their say.

Munky.

While you are waiting for them to do their thing, head over to the Koffee Klatch house and enjoy the quiet. Have a nice drink of your choice while you are there. You can feed the kitties AGAIN. Good grief, they eat a lot. I was there a little while ago and filled their dishes to the very top. Did some piddly little chores before I left and looked at their dishes. They were empty. :angel:

While you are waiting for them to do their thing, head over to the Koffee Klatch house and enjoy the quiet. Have a nice drink of your choice while you are there. You can feed the kitties AGAIN. Good grief, they eat a lot. I was there a little while ago and filled their dishes to the very top. Did some piddly little chores before I left and looked at their dishes. They were empty. :angel:

Are we sure they are house cats and not jungle cats of some sort...gosh they eat a lot!

Troublemakers.... All of Ya!

All done.. Or so I thought.:ohmy:

Those 2 racks were history in 20 minutes.
Because of you guys I had to make 2 more racks. Just so my husband can maybe, possibly have the chance to try them tonight.
They were that good.. Thanks again for the help.

img_1244909_0_93977d46d4ef2bdd9ba6b1e3370c1f86.jpg

Are we sure they are house cats and not jungle cats of some sort...gosh they eat a lot!

They eat like that just to get attention. And they burn it all off running around when they have the place to themselves. Little devils. One minute they are sitting on your lap so innocent and the next they are all howling like banshees. Just want you to get up and feed them. You look too comfortable. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom