Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains... (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Pork Ragu over Fettuccine (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f20/pork-ragu-over-fettuccine-84613.html)

kadesma 03-05-2013 06:45 PM

Pork Ragu over Fettuccine

Put 4 tab. evoo,1 med chopped onion, 1/2 cup fresh parsley and basil 1 tab. fresh sage,1/4 cup mint fresh 1 tab. fresh rosemarly chopped fine 1/2 tea fennel seeds all of this goes into a large sauce pan. Cook stir occasionally over med. heat about 10-15 min. add in the graound pork you will need 1 lb. then add salt and pepper and cook breaking the pork up til it loses the pink color. about 10 min. Add 1/2 cup of red wine simmer 5-8 min. Stir in 1-28 oz can imported Italian tomatoes cook 1-1/2 hrs.til sauce is thick Serve hot over1-lb. fresh or dry fettuccine top with parm also good added are dry or fresh mushrooms.
enjoy
kadesma

Luca Lazzari 03-06-2013 12:34 PM

Lots of fresh herbs here! I like the idea, but I seriously need to create my small herb garden... And I would use an aged pecorino instead of parmigiano, but I'm a pecorino maniac.

It's so good to come back in the forum and find a beautiful pasta and pork recipe!

Snip 13 03-07-2013 01:21 AM

That sounds lovely Kades :)

buckytom 03-07-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luca Lazzari (Post 1245617)
Lots of fresh herbs here! I like the idea, but I seriously need to create my small herb garden... And I would use an aged pecorino instead of parmigiano, but I'm a pecorino maniac.

It's so good to come back in the forum and find a beautiful pasta and pork recipe!

luca! mio fratello!

seems like it's old timers day today. welcome back!

do you know of locatelli pecorino romano cheese. it's the best we can get here in the states.

and kads, thanks for another great recipe. pork goes so much better with tomatoes and cheese anyday. much better than beef.

Luca Lazzari 03-07-2013 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckytom (Post 1245824)
luca! mio fratello!

:lol: Hi man!

Quote:

do you know of locatelli pecorino romano cheese. it's the best we can get here in the states.

and kads, thanks for another great recipe. pork goes so much better with tomatoes and cheese anyday. much better than beef.

Don't know about this pecorino, because it is produced by Auricchio, a well-known Italian cheese brand, but it is distributed only in the USA. By the way, Locatelli is one of the historical cheese brands of Italy, but I don't think they are still in business.
However, being made by Auricchio, I believe it to be a very good food!

Ciao brother!

:wink:

PrincessFiona60 03-07-2013 08:11 AM

Thanks, Ma! This sounds great!

kadesma 03-07-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luca Lazzari (Post 1245617)

I was trying to think of pecorino and my aged mind wouldn't go there. Thank you. It's so good to see you here. Take care of yourself and come post often we all jus love you.
kades

kadesma 03-07-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 (Post 1245877)
Thanks, Ma! This sounds great!

Quote:

luca! mio fratello!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snip 13 (Post 1245818)
That sounds lovely Kades :)

BT. Snip, My PFThank you my friends. So glad you like the recipe. hugs,
ma/kades

jkath 03-07-2013 11:04 AM

Sounds so good and kind of reminds me of my Cottontail Conchigliette (Rabbit Ragu over Shell Pasta).
Sounds so tasty for a nice chilly day like today!

kadesma 03-07-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkath (Post 1245935)
Sounds so good and kind of reminds me of my Cottontail Conchigliette (Rabbit Ragu over Shell Pasta).
Sounds so tasty for a nice chilly day like today!

Glad you like Jkath. Rabbit is not for me i just cannot eat the easter bunny or Bugs:lol:
kades