Butterscotch Pie with lots of Vanilla Extract

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oversteve

Assistant Cook
Long ago I came across a recipe for butterscotch pie. I know that there are many wonderful recipes for such a pie but this one called for 4 tablespoons of vanilla extract. Yes, 4 tablespoons, that is not a typo and in the recipe next to the ingredient it also stated that it was not a typo.

I realize that this is an odd thing, but the butterscotch pie that it made was so wonderful. I got many compliments on it. Somehow, I have lost my recipe.

I was hoping that someone out there has seen this very recipe and could again share it with me. Thanks.

I assume you already searched the internet...?

Where did the recipe come from originally?

Just go ahead and add 4 tablespoons of vanilla into another recipe. It shouldn't affect anything other than the taste..It may come close. You never know.....I'm sure it will still get eaten...:pig::LOL:

Thanks everyone. And yes I did search, many times on the net. Granted, that is a valid question. People often don't do any leg work with these things. I kick myself for losing the recipe in the first place and so many recipes get in the way when searching for a specific one. I'll keep looking though. Thanks again all.

I have searched a bit for you and they all seem to have only 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract..it does sound nice with so much vanilla though

That looks like a great recipe.

I am thinking it might be good to swap out the vanilla and put in 4T of Myers dark rum.

So many calories, so little time! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom