Butter Pound Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mmyap

Sous Chef
This is a family favorite and I hope I'm not duplicating a previous entry.

This is a very unassuming looking cake but it packs a wallop of taste. NEVER TRY AND FROST THIS CAKE! It's a very soft cake and frosting would just ruin it. Please enjoy!

Butter Pound Cake

1 box Duncan Hines Butter Recipe cake mix.
4 eggs
2 sticks (1/2 cup size each) butter, one stick melted and one left out to get soft while cake is baking
1/2 cup veg. oil
1/4 cup sugar
8 oz. of sour cream.

Mix all the ingredients together and put in a well greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Remember, you are leaving one stick of butter out to get soft while the cake bakes. You added the melted stick to the batter.

Bang the pan on the counter a good dozen times, not lightly but like you're mad at it. You want to see lots of bubbles appear in the batter. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

Spread the second stick of softened butter over the cake when it comes out of the oven and is still warm. You want it to melt into the cake.

Eat this while it's still warm. Divine.

I'm going to make one tomorrow. We make one of these only about once or twice a year for obvious reasons. :D

Last edited:
Yes, I know. It's really, really, really fattening. But but super moist and delicious. A once in a blue moon thing. And if you make it for an family/holiday event you're only eating one piece. The size is up to you.

Oh, if I told my Cardiologist I ate this I'd give HER a coronary...LOL! Sounds fantastic! Thanks!

Yummy! If you are going to have an occasional treat, this is one to have. It sounds fantastic!:yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom