Two Thrift Store Scores

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
I came home yesterday with a Wagner 9" Skillet in great shape for 6 dollars. Just needs a good wash and a quick seasoning and its good to go.
Also a Teak mortar and pestle for another 6 bucks. Nice size. Stands about 8 inches tall.
Not a bad day for this junk monkey...
001.jpg

003.jpg

Last edited:
In Puerto Rico they call those a pilon (pee-lone). That one is beautiful. I love when they get seasoned and take on that garlic smell. $6 was a steal... Dont know if I'd use that one, its so pretty.

In Puerto Rico they call those a pilon (pee-lone). That one is beautiful. I love when they get seasoned and take on that garlic smell. $6 was a steal... Dont know if I'd use that one, its so pretty.
Yes. I did a bit of research and it looks like I better start eating plantains. Now I get to eat Mofongo. Thanks for the info...

I came home yesterday with a Wagner 9" Skillet in great shape for 6 dollars. Just needs a good wash and a quick seasoning and its good to go.
Also a Teak mortar and pestle for another 6 bucks. Nice size. Stands about 8 inches tall.
Not a bad day for this junk monkey...
View attachment 17391

View attachment 17392
I have a bunch of extra kitchen stuff to take to the thrift store...maybe I should just contact you direct and cut out the middleman! Nice finds!

Beautiful treasures! I love the skillet. I've told my kids that I want to be buried with my cast iron! Thankfully through the years they have both developed the same degree of love for the stuff so i suppose it will be divided equally, yea! What a beautiful mortar. I predict lots of great food from those two finds! thanks for sharing.

Beautiful treasures! I love the skillet. I've told my kids that I want to be buried with my cast iron! Thankfully through the years they have both developed the same degree of love for the stuff so i suppose it will be divided equally, yea! What a beautiful mortar. I predict lots of great food from those two finds! thanks for sharing.
Thanks. I can't pass up a deal. I have accumulated so much great stuff over the years. Quality stuff is out there if you look around....

roch, you did good! i too get all excited over a good sale--and it doesn't even have to be my own good sale.:) the mortar and pestle is exquisite, and looks to be painted by hand? the little skillet is what really got me, though. it looks so...friendly and eager to go to work for you.:) that sort of shopping must be fun for you, have you coming home with a smile on your face. thanks for sharing....

Back
Top Bottom