Marilyn O'Reilly's Irish Soda Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was introduced to Irish Bread as a teenager. I have never liked raisins or any family members to them. I sat there and picked out all the raisins. The person who made the bread used so many raisins that it spoiled the whole experience for me. So one day against her very feelings in her bones, she made me a small loaf minus the raisins. It was delicious. If I were to be served a piece of this delicious Irish treat with raisins again, I would gladly sit there and pick out all the raisins. It is so worth the effort. :angel:

I was introduced to Irish Bread as a teenager. I have never liked raisins or any family members to them. I sat there and picked out all the raisins. The person who made the bread used so many raisins that it spoiled the whole experience for me. So one day against her very feelings in her bones, she made me a small loaf minus the raisins. It was delicious. If I were to be served a piece of this delicious Irish treat with raisins again, I would gladly sit there and pick out all the raisins. It is so worth the effort. :angel:

I pick out the dried flies too :LOL:
I even pick them out of Christmas fruit cake. When I'm done with the fruitcake there's almost more on my plate than when I started :rolleyes:
I make my own fruitcake now with extra currants, dates and glazed fruit instead of raisins or sultanas!

I am anti raisin also. I make a Soda Bread that has Cheddar and grated onions. Family loves it and it goes well with corned beef and cabbage. I don't put raisins in my fruitcake unless hubby whines. I use dates and lots of candied fruit.

Back
Top Bottom