Hot Cheesy Spinach Dip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
Somehow I keep getting on someones mailing list for these cards, so will share, so it is not original and I have not made this one, but will.

HOT CHEESY SPINACH DIP - 8 servings

2 Tbs butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbs flour
2 pkg, 9 oz ea, frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained well
1-3/4 cup half-and-half
1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 pkg (1 oz) dry vegetable soup
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 425F. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook and stir until onion is crisp tender and garlic is fragrant, 2-3 minutes

Stir in flour, cook and stir an additional minute. Add half-and-half and cook, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens, about 2 minutes.

Remove saucepan from heat, stir in chopped spinach, water chestnuts, cheddar cheese and vegetable soup mix. Spoon dip into a 1 quart casserole or gratin dish and sprinkle with parmesan.

Bake dip until it is bubbly and cheese is melted 10-15 minutes. Serve warm with crustini or crackers.

SizzlininIN said:
Norg..........I've never had spinach dip but this recipe sounds amazing.

THanks Crewz and Sizz, wish I could take the credit but I just copied the recipe card I got in the mail. Anyway, I normally do not eat spinach cooked, too soggy, but this is for chopped and I thought it sounded really good. I have had a chopped spinich dip in the past and liked it so this will be added to my list. Hope you guys enjoy it.

a nice addition to a spinach dip like this are artichohe hearts. a local restaurant makes it like that, and serves it with both grilled pita wedges and corn chips. thanks for the recipe norgeskog.

buckytom said:
a nice addition to a spinach dip like this are artichohe hearts. a local restaurant makes it like that, and serves it with both grilled pita wedges and corn chips. thanks for the recipe norgeskog.

velkommen buck

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom