Whole Wheat Oatmeal Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
REC - Whole Wheat Oatmeal Cookies

I came across this recipe yesterday in a community recipe cookbook that I had borrowed from a friend. I have not tried the recipe.

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Cookies

1 1/4 cup oatmeal
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 egg whites or 1 egg
1/2 cup raisins, optional
1/4 cup chopped nuts, optional

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheet. In a small bowl combine oatmeal, baking soda, and spices. In large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and egg whites or egg until creamy. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in raisins and nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on to prepared cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Makes 3 1/2 dozen.

Last edited:
This sounds really interesting, sierra, and a nice healthy alternative! Since wheat flour has a nuttier taste than AP, I bet it's a good combination with the oatmeal and raisins!

I agree it looks good...unfortunately for me...I would have to use the plain old white flour. No whole wheat in my house. Not very healthy here. LOL!

Alix said:
I agree it looks good...unfortunately for me...I would have to use the plain old white flour. No whole wheat in my house. Not very healthy here. LOL!

I always have a bag of it in the house but I have to admit I don't use it often. The pizza dough recipe I swear by (I'll remember to pull it at home and post) calls for wheat flour. I know it ahs a much shorter shelf life than white. I guess I should look at the bag's expiration date!:shock:

Great cookies. I hope that I can try these in the following week for easter.:chef: .

Thanks a lot for your recipe...:-p

greetings Tanja

Back
Top Bottom