A couple of pizzas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moose13

Assistant Cook
I quit making pizza for 6 months or so.
I recently got back into it and here are a couple.
I rarely do deep dish, but once in a while i get a craving.

Attachments

• DSC06650.jpg
    DSC06650.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 249
  • DSCN5222.jpg
    DSCN5222.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 249
Why did you quit making pizzas for 6 months? You obviously know what you're doing!

Hmmm? Good question. I may have overdone it when i was in my big time crazy pizza learning phase. I would make it 4-5 times a week. Sometimes give it to the neighbors, just wanted to make it and perfect it. I would make pizza just for fun. Dough and sauce home made, i did make my own fresh mozzarella a few times. You could say i overdid it and was a bit obsessed. LOL.

I am now looking into building a wood fired brick oven in the back yard, this will create a whole new opportunity for learning. Should be fun!

Last edited:
Lucky neighbors.

"Honey, whats for supper?"

"I don't know. I am waiting to see what our neighbor makes tonight. It will probably be pizza again." :angel:

Thanks guys, it is a fun food to experiment with. As of yet no one has ever complained that i am feeding them too much pizza.

Hmmm? Good question. I may have overdone it when i was in my big time crazy pizza learning phase. I would make it 4-5 times a week. Sometimes give it to the neighbors, just wanted to make it and perfect it. I would make pizza just for fun. Dough and sauce home made, i did make my own fresh mozzarella a few times. You could say i overdid it and was a bit obsessed. LOL.

I am now looking into building a wood fired brick oven in the back yard, this will create a whole new opportunity for learning. Should be fun!
A friend of mine has one:

Squash Blossom Farm: Pizza oven

We have it on our "to do" list, but I think it is project #632 (up from #635).

What a beautiful site. Thank you for sharing that with us. I so miss living on a farm. :angel:
It is a small farm, but it is amazing what they've done, I'm curious to see if she gets her sheep this summer...and what kind of fish they put in the fish pond. It is amazing what they've done in 5 years (he still works full-time--she's a talented artist as well).

Almost forgot...

Put the SDTs on first and cover them with the other ingredients so they don't burn.

Feta on last and lower the oven rack below center to toast but not burn the feta.

Now you've done it. It's only 7:30 in the morning, and I'm hungry for pizza. But there is no joy in Mudville, mighty Casey has struck out!

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom