Korn meet Christ..... Christ.... Korn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
This surprised even me! :shock:

- The busy bees of the media are a’buzzing with news of Brian “Head” Welch of Korn. The hard rock guitarist found, as Southern Gospel folks would say, “that ol’ time religion”.
In a press release on their Web site, Korn announced they “parted ways with [Welch], who has chosen the Lord Jesus Christ as his savior, and will be dedicating his musical pursuits to that end.” It stunned the music world, leaving many scratching their heads and some dedicated fans saying, "It must be some practical joke."

It wasn't. The following Sunday, Welch spoke at Valley Bible Fellowship in Bakersfield, California, to a cheering audience of 10,000. In his first public address, he said, “I'm the happiest man in the world right now.”

:arrow: http://www.cbn.com/entertainment/music/jej_korn_meets_christ.asp

DS, that was very interesting to read. I have heard of that band but, not actually listened to them. I know a girl that this happened too. Matter of fact she was my husbands ex-girlfriend from years back. She was, as people would say "Hard A$$". Now, she is in church everyday and would never do anything she has done before. She's actually tried to get us to attend her church.

I dont find this too ironic, some of my favorite and heaviest metal bands happen to be christian...

Beliver: a very nerdy death metal band that takes on athiest philosofers in their lyrics. Older (and not as good) albums simply used bible verses as lyrics. Their "masterpiece" is "the trilogy of knowledge" which get's into a few theological subjects acompanied by soprano vocals, accoustic and electric violins in a 20+ minute song.

Extol: a very well executed, aggressive sounding and sometimes pretty metal band who are about as technically proficient as can be.

Evergray: not exactly a christian band per se but they have done great things with religion as a theme promoting free thought and avoiding extremist groups. Their music is pretty, intelligent and really heavy when needed.

Back
Top Bottom