Would You put Banana slices on your pizza like Domino's Nigera did??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like pineapple on pizza but not sure about bananas.

I would have to try a free slice first !

No!

I guess I'm somewhat of a purist. If I want BBQ I'll have ribs not a "BBQ pizza".

If I want Asian I'll eat Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese etc.

An "Asian taco" is not on my menu.

You get the picture.

Having said that I do occasionally enjoy a "Hawaiian" pizza.

Maybe I'm too rigid/unimaginative/missing something?

No!

I guess I'm somewhat of a purist. If I want BBQ I'll have ribs not a "BBQ pizza".

If I want Asian I'll eat Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese etc.

An "Asian taco" is not on my menu.

You get the picture.

Having said that I do occasionally enjoy a "Hawaiian" pizza.

Maybe I'm too rigid/unimaginative/missing something?

coming from someone who has lived in Hawaii, you have to ASK for a Hawaiian pizza at most places, it's really a mainland invention.

If they offer a Hawaiian pizza, it's not pineapple, ham and cheese, it's kalua pork, Maui onion jam, hoisin sauce and green onion. Nothing like you would see in the CONUS.

I would try it.

I might even like it.

But, I would never consider it pizza! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Why not? Pizza comes in all shapes, sizes and flavors. What would you call it?

This is a dominoes original catering to their local clientele. Happens all over the world. Craziest one I have had, and a chicken tika masala pizza, in the UK. One of the best selling, and goes for abut 20 sterling. . . call it 35-40 bucks, US. They also offer a WORLD of dessert pizzas. Just because it has bananas or something different doesn't mean it's not a pizza.

Last edited:
TATTRAT said:
Why not? Pizza comes in all shapes Just because it has bananas or something different doesn't mean it's not a pizza.

Guess your right. Very likely most of what we consider ethnic food has evolved from some original form as ingredients became globally available and different cultures have moved around the planet.

I should be more open to fusion cuisine.

I have a feeling I've been missing some pretty tasty treats!

;(

i would try it once just to see. you never know.

but i'm with bea and j about it not being pizza. they should call it a focaccia with toppings. thin crust or thick as it may be.

but i'm anal about pizza being crust, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, maybe some herbs and grated parm and toppings. if you want ham, or pineapple, or bananas, or whatever you want, it goes on top of that.

everything else is toppings for bread, crostini, focaccia, pita, lavash, or ...

I used to go to a place that made the best mango-tiger shrimp pizza. However, since I do not eat bananas, I would never even try this. The picture almost turned my stomach. I think I've mentioned my aversion to bananas before? I'm bracing myself for a visit to my parents. They keep at least a week's worth of bananas in a bowl on the counter at all times. I can smell them from the living room (the bananas, not my parents). As long as I don't have to eat the bananas, touch the bananas, slice them, or throw away the peels, I can ignore them most of the time.

I lean more towards the traditional view of BT and the others. I'm not a fan of 'weird' stuff on pizza. That includes pineapple, broccoli and most other veggies. Not really crazy about chicken either.

If you have to add that stuff, call it a flatbread.

Shame on you Kayelle.

Not in front of the children!

j909lj.jpg

;)

I'd try it. Though it might be better as a banana split pizza, lose the mushrooms and use chocolate, nuts, whipped cream, pineapple, caramel, etc.

Steve Kroll said:
Why not...I'll try anything once.

But are we sure those are even bananas in the photo? Couldn't they be plantains, which are much more savory than bananas?

Aahh Grasshoppa... good question.

I lean more towards the traditional view of BT and the others. I'm not a fan of 'weird' stuff on pizza. That includes pineapple, broccoli and most other veggies. Not really crazy about chicken either.

If you have to add that stuff, call it a flatbread.

+1
There's a pizza place near us that has 30+ pizzas on their menu. For me, pizza must have tomato sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella, at least. If DH wants to try something different, I have to think of it as flatbread.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom