Lemon Creme Sandwich recipe request

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nyet

Assistant Cook
I am wondering where I can find a cookie recipe that makes a cookie like the store bought ones. I'm not as much interested in the filling, mostly the outer cookie layers. I am looking to create that firm type of cookie.
Here is an example of what I am trying to recreate.
detail-lemoncreme-13oz.jpg

Last edited:
This is a similar type of biscuit:

2 lbs (900 g) Flour
1 lb (450 g) Cornflour
1 lb (450 g) Margarine
6 Large Eggs
2 Level Tablespoons Baking Powder
1 lb (450 g) Sugar
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Essence

Cream margarine and sugar well. Add eggs one at a time and beat. Add Vanilla. Sift dry ingredients into above mixture. Dough should be as soft as putty. Roll out to 0.125 in thick, cut and bake in oven at 375 F (190 C) until golden brown.
Optional:
  • Add currants to mixture.
  • Roll in sugar before baking
  • Ice when cold.

Thanks for the recipe Snip 13. I just want to clarify that you mean "corn starch" when you say "corn flour"? I'm guessing you are using the UK term? This looks like a great recipe.

Thanks for the recipe Snip 13. I just want to clarify that you mean "corn starch" when you say "corn flour"? I'm guessing you are using the UK term? This looks like a great recipe.

My pleasure :) Yes I do believe you call it corn starch in the US.

Thanks. And I really appreciate you posting the weights, I learned it's better to weigh than measure, it just works out better.

Lemon shortbread cookie

I think you would want more of a shortbread cookie to fill with cream. Here is a good lemon shortbread cookie.

LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIE

• 1 1/2 Cups flour
  • 1/2 Teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 Cup softened butter
  • 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
  • 1 Teaspoon lemon extract
  • 1/2 Teaspoon grated lemon peel

Sift flour and measure; add salt and sift again.
Cream butter; gradually add lemon extract, lemon peel and powdered sugar. Continue to beat creamed mixture until light.
Combine the dry ingredients with the creamed mixture; blend thoroughly.
Roll dough on floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness; cut in rounds.
Prick cookies with fork.
Bake in preheated oven at 325F degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes until set.
Cool shortly on tray before removing.

These sound lovely, I love anything lemon, thank you for sharing, I will be trying these :)

I think you would want more of a shortbread cookie to fill with cream. Here is a good lemon shortbread cookie.

LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIE

• 1 1/2 Cups flour
  • 1/2 Teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 Cup softened butter
  • 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
  • 1 Teaspoon lemon extract
  • 1/2 Teaspoon grated lemon peel

Sift flour and measure; add salt and sift again.
Cream butter; gradually add lemon extract, lemon peel and powdered sugar. Continue to beat creamed mixture until light.
Combine the dry ingredients with the creamed mixture; blend thoroughly.
Roll dough on floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness; cut in rounds.
Prick cookies with fork.
Bake in preheated oven at 325F degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes until set.
Cool shortly on tray before removing.

Ohhhhhhhhh Bea! You got me with that picture, my mouth is watering. I have some Meyer lemons on my tree just begging to be used. Although I hardly ever bake because I'm so lousy at it, I may just have to give those a go. Hmmm, maybe I can convince Steve that he would be really good at giving them a shot.

They are nice made with lime zest instead of lemon.

You can also roll the cookies in powdered sugar when they come out of the oven and a second time when they have cooled instead of making the sandwich cookies.

Two friends with a pot of tea or a pitcher of iced tea can go through a batch in almost no time at all!

Sort of a chat and chew! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Thanks Painless Cooking! I'm going to try a lime batch and a lemon batch. Love citrus baking.

How do they taste with a bit of white chocolate in the creme filling? Ever tried that?

Back
Top Bottom