Breakfast Sausage Muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire

Recipe

1lb - Breakfast Sausage (browned and crumbled)
2 Cup - Pancake mix
1 1/4 Cup - Water
1/4 Cup - Maple Syrup
1 Egg

Directions

Combine pancake mix, water and egg and mix thoroughly until smooth
Add syrup and sausage, mix until incorporated
Fill greased muffin tins with 1/2 cup mixture
Bake in 350º oven for 20 minutes until golden
Top with butter
Enjoy!

Great idea Larry ! Too bad I already made sunday breakfast before seeing this. I had pancakes and sausage the regular way. Gotta try these.

I am SO going to make these sometime! What a great addition to a Sunday brunch! Thanks!:yum:

Copied and printed! I'm going to love these. I can make several breakfasts at once. I love to make "McGriddles" for breakfast. These are more portable and less messy.

THANKS!!!

Okay, these are really good, next time I will double the muffin batter or only use 1/2 pound of sausage. I got 12 regular muffins out of this recipe, Shrek liked them, too.

I cooked up the sausage last night and pressed the fat out of them pretty thoroughly. They went together very quickly this morning and baked while I did the blood pressure, blood sugar, medication thing this morning. They woke Shrek up while they were baking, I didn't have to get him out of bed.

Thanks LarryWolfe!! Such an easy recipe, not too sweet, either.

Okay, these are really good, next time I will double the muffin batter or only use 1/2 pound of sausage. I got 12 regular muffins out of this recipe, Shrek liked them, too.

I cooked up the sausage last night and pressed the fat out of them pretty thoroughly. They went together very quickly this morning and baked while I did the blood pressure, blood sugar, medication thing this morning. They woke Shrek up while they were baking, I didn't have to get him out of bed.

Thanks LarryWolfe!! Such an easy recipe, not too sweet, either.

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed them!

Yep, this one is on my list, too. I'm going to serve mine with a SSU egg on top.

I ended up eating the last serving of sausage gravy on toast.

I did get a hunk of JD sausage thawed, so all I need to do is put the Bisquick box on the counter so it will remind (nag) me to make it in the morning.

I just made a dozen of these. They're great, and now I have enough of them for another 5 breakfasts. I might add a couple of over easy eggs sometimes. but 2 were plenty for today.

Thanks, Larry!

The only problem I had was with the paper liners I used. The ones I have are foil, separated by paper liners. The foil ones popped out clean. The paper ones didn't. Maybe the paper liners aren't meant to be used.

The only problem I had was with the paper liners I used. The ones I have are foil, separated by paper liners. The foil ones popped out clean. The paper ones didn't. Maybe the paper liners aren't meant to be used.

Yes, those are made only to keep the foil ones easier to get apart. Regular cupcake papers are made from parchment paper.

I just greased my muffin tin with the sausage fat...

Thanks, PF!

I thought about spraying the muffin tin with the liners in place, but next time I'll just toss the paper ones. The foil came off completely. I like that.

I'm really enjoying the thought that I won't have to make them every time I want some.

I'll add the syrup to the sausage crumbles instead of the batter next time. I usually just butter my pancakes, and dip sausage bites in the maple syrup.

I've got crumbled bacon in the fridge, I'm going to try that on the next batch! Will be keeping cooked sausage around for these.

:ohmy:I did this same thing the first time I bought the foil liners! I thought the papers were for using too. What a mistake! Guess I should have said something on here. Oh well, live and learn I guess. Hope you were able to chew them off.

At least I know now and don't have to make that mistake again. I put liners on the grocery list so I won't run out. I have a feeling that these won't last very long.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom