Dinner Sunday 28th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm not sure what to call dinner or breakfast anymore.

i just finished an unbelievable 36 hours (yardwork 5, work-work 11, sleep 1, kitchen duty at the field 3, sleep 1, housework 2, baseball practice 3, sleep 3, work 7), and now i'm at a diner getting a hot open turkey, home fries, and a salad.

but now i get to sleep 5, and then since dw is threatening divorce if i spend any more time playing baseball, i'm taking her and my boy to a poconos outlet mall to shop, then out for bbq for dinner.

or whatever.

i have no idea what day it is.

Last edited:
I made the Dahl from Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals and decided to try making potato/spinach filled flatbreads to go with. They were such a debacle, but they did taste good, so I guess I need to practise, practise, practise. My husband and son scoffed all the bread and then had no room for Dahl.. Woohoo! Tomorrow's dinner is already sorted. :)

I'm planning on making a wine-butt chicken tonight, with tzatziki sauce and grilled asparagus that I bought at the farmer's market yesterday. I also bought a head of romaine so we'll have salad, too. I should have gotten a fresh baguette. I do need to do some grocery shopping today, so I'll get one at the store.

I am thawing some smoked sliced ham. Planning on making a pasta, alfredo sauce and ham dish. Although things rarely go as planned here. I will be out and about with my sister today and that usually leads to unexpected events:)

I've dusted off the Weber kettle and will be smoking some chicken thighs for dinner tonight. SO wants them dressed with BBQ sauce so that's what's on the menu. I'll probably do pasta and tossed salads to fill the plate.

I'm thinking brownies. I had some for lunch and I don't want them to go stale.
Yeah, that's it :angel:

I'm going to make crawfish etouffee. I've got a pound of cleaned crawfish tails, and a package mix for the sauce.

I'm going to use the mix because although I've heard of this dish, I have never tasted it. I'll make up the mix first to make sure I'm going to like it before committing the crawfish,

change of plans for us (thank god).

my boy woke up with a little fever and cold (not so much thankfully), but i got to sleep until 1pm. then i stayed home to take care of him while dw went out shopping.

i got him to eat a 1/2 canteloupe, and i made a coupla devilled eggs that he wolfed down with some ginger ale.

dw just got home, so dinner will be takeout italian from an inexpensive dive with great food.

dw is getting stuffed clams, and a baby field green and veggie salad with broiled jumbo shrimp; my boy is just wants garlic knots and chicken noodle soup; i'm getting a baby field green and veggie salad topped with fresh calamari, and chicken parm and sketti.

i'm sure the little guy will want some chicken parm and pasta once he sees it.

We're going to a potluck with some good friends. Our prayer group is meeting up to throw a going-away party for one of our members. Her family is moving to Boston as soon as school is out. I've got a plate of deviled eggs to take. Not sure what else will be there but I'm sure we'll come home stuffed!

Hot dogs here, with mustard and relish. And I pulled out some frozen 5 layer chocolate dessert .

Last edited:
I've dusted off the Weber kettle and will be smoking some chicken thighs for dinner tonight. SO wants them dressed with BBQ sauce so that's what's on the menu. I'll probably do pasta and tossed salads to fill the plate.

I used a combination of cherry and hickory because I didn't have enough cherry. Tasted pretty good. SO decided to add the BBQ sauce at the table.

Attachments

• DSC03722.jpg
    DSC03722.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 170
mmm, action shot. Nice, Andy.
I like cherry with chicken. It seems to suit my tastebuds.
I need to smoke some chicken soon.

We had a 6lb bottom round roast buried in the freezer and in desperate need of cooking, so I seared it in bacon fat after rubbing it with raspberry basalmic vhnegar and seasoning it with some garlic and no salt herb/veggie seasoning. It has been braising in the oven on a bed of sliced onion and rough chopped garlic cloves. For the braising liquid i deglazed the Dutch oven that I seared it in, with some Malbec (red wine), added a couple of tablespoons of raspberry basalmic vinegar and about a cup of beef broth. Just added some potatoes and carrots. As soon as the veggies are done, we eat! ;)

Back
Top Bottom