Dinner Sunday 5th May 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Italian here too! I have my meat cooked and my seasonings measured and blended. Tomorrow I will get the spaghetti sauce cooking - I understand there's a decent enough recipe floating around DC somewhere...:LOL:

Just a day behind vitauta, but from the sounds of it she might be out by now anyway. ;) I'd share.

we were supposed to go down the shore to look at summer rental houses, but the little guy has been under the weather and needs to pitch monday night, oh yeah, and go to school :angel:, so we're just gonna stay around the house and get work done. the shed needs to be cleaned out, the lawn needs weed killer, the bird cages need to be cleaned, the yankees are playing oakland :ermm:, the back yard has to be watered, the yanks are playin' the a's, the house needs pressure washing, and so on.

so, i'm hoping we go out for cheap sushi again. it's becoming our sunday thing. maybe it's because we've been going there for years, but the bad reviews aren't close to reality, imo. Miyoshi Japanese Restaurant - Hackensack, NJ

yeah, they've had a lot of different old timers as sushi chefs, but the current ones are excellent. a great bang for the buck when it comes to often overpriced sushi.

We're having a grilled tri-tip. Haven't decided on sides yet. I will also prep some rolitini for a weeknight meal.

I bought an 8-pound pork butt yesterday - $1 a pound with my rain check. I'll make some Mexican pulled pork and tamales today, and freeze the rest of it. Guacamole, too, if my avocados are ripe enough.

I think we'll be going to a Mexican place for Cinqo de Mayo, then for dinner I'll put together whatever I can come up with 30 gr carbs for husband. But lunch will be our 60 gr carbs main meal.

We're leaving in the morning for a trip to Ann Arbor to care for my in-laws while my brother-in-law and his family take a breather. Trying to get rid of stuff in the fridge that will not be good when we get home.

I may brine and grill some chicken breasts. They turned out so good last week, hoping to do it again!

Have you posted a recipe for the rollatini? Sounds good.

I don't really have a recipe. I take thin sliced sirloin, pound it out if too thick (should be about 1/8" thick), a slice of provolone, slices of pepperoni, fresh basil leaves and sliced crimini mushrooms. Roll it up, sealing it with tooth picks as best I can to keep the cheese from leaking out, but it doesn't matter if some leaks out into the sauce. I brown them off, put them in a baking dish with marinara, foil and oven braise until tender (350 F). Remove the foil, top with provolone and back in the oven to melt the cheese. Pull the tooth picks before serving. I prefer spaghetti ragotti to serve the sauce and rollatini with.

Depending on my mood, I may marinade the meat in olive oil, garlic and balsamic before making the rolls. Otherwise, I just season the meat with S&P before rolling.

I'm making luleh burgers on the grill tonight. They're a combination of beef and lamb seasoned with spices and tomato. Some potato and a salad will fill out the rest of the menu.

I may brine and grill some chicken breasts. They turned out so good last week, hoping to do it again!

Well, we had another failure to communicate. I lit the wood in the charcoal chimney to grill the chicken on the hibachi. Got back from a walk with Beagle, there was the equivalent of 2 briquets left in the chimney, the rest had all burned away. DH never even looked. So I put the chicken on the grill, and am lighting up up a few more wood chunks in the chimney. And the newspaper was gone, recycled, so I had to use brown paper bag pieces. Sigh.

Grilling some steaks, a couple chicken breasts, asparagus wrapped in bacon, broccoli w/ soy sauce and butter in foil packets. The extra steak will go on salads w/ gorgonzola and the chicken will turn into enchiladas with salsa verde. I also have some potato salad in the fridge I made this morning and cabbage and carrots cut up for some 'slaw. That's a few nights I have zero thinking to do @ dinnertime this week. Yay! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom