Dinner Monday 13th May 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since both sons were working yesterday, we are having dinner here tonight. I put some chicken in the crock pot with crushed pineapple and Russian dressing. It makes a kind of sweet and sour sauce. We'll have rice with it and probably green beans.

even though I put about 1/3rd of it in the freezer....I see a lot of beef vegetable soup in my future...good thing I really like this batch, but too bad we have entered a warm spell

I've rubbed some country style pork ribs for later grilling. A salad and perhaps a starch will fill out the plate.

Tonight I am finishing up my introduction to taco salad.

I think the dressing is going to be a standard item in my kitchen.

Equal parts of mayo, sour cream and chunky salsa with a big pinch of cayenne.

Maybe you should make up a batch of southwestern chili to go with the high temps you'll be experiencing in New Mexico.

:LOL:

actually you inadvertently gave me an idea...got a mexican themed pot luck coming up and I was drawing a blank. not sure how, but I decided on a mexican layered dip Thanks!

Finished up the asparagus-dandelion soup, accompanied by some ham, cheddar, and crackers.

Dinner was grilled sausage, beans, and cabbage... washed down with a cold brew. I'm thinking tonight I may have to sleep on top of the sheets with the window cracked open. :pig:

img_1266920_0_0433ee97f1810e57699a7ca70fac8fc7.jpg

I may have to accompany Steve. Did hot wings. First in the oven then on the grill. Found a couple of new flavors to try. Used Kraft's Toasted Sesame Dressing to make some Asian wings. They were wonderful. Also tried a new one with Orange Marmalade, brown sugar, honey and Sirrachhi (sp?). That was really good. Orange flavor with a little sweet and a hot hit at the end.

We went out to dinner with our exchange student and some friends she made while she was here before. I had a double club sandwich (only ate half) and mac 'n cheese. Good stuff.

Dinner was grilled sausage, beans, and cabbage... washed down with a cold brew. I'm thinking tonight I may have to sleep on top of the sheets with the window cracked open. :pig:

img_1267430_0_0433ee97f1810e57699a7ca70fac8fc7.jpg

while your dinner looks delicious, the look of your sausages is quite disturbing. worms in heat comes to mnd. they are halved, aren't they?

no matter. looks hearty amd rib-stickin'.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom