Greetings from Manchester UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

breadstead

Assistant Cook
Hi Everyone.

I'm Mike. British bread nut. Usually covered in flour. Burned arms, you get the idea.

Anyone else on here from blighty?

Howdy!
Welcome to D.C.!
There more than a few folks here from your part of the world. Truth be told though...I ain't seen many of them for a spell now. 'Course, I don't get on here as much as I used to, myself. Look around and make yourself to home, ol' hoss...glad to have you here.

We have a lot of folks from the UK. This is a multi-national site. Folks from all over the world. All are welcome. We have a great sense of humor. Have tons of laughs and love to make up recipes and alter the tried and true. And we all speak the same language. Food! :angel:

And food can easily cut through any boundaries that there maybe between two people
"Two nations divided by a common language" was never more true than in cookery books! Self raising flour versus all purpose flour, cornflour versus corn starch, cup measurements, etc., ect., all throw British cooks (and presumably American ones transplanted over here) into conniptions to say nothing of the miles that I've tramped through the length and breadth of the British Isles looking for clear corn syrup and unsweetened shredded coconut which no longer seems to exist over here. Ina Garten has a lot to answer for, she sa' darkly! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom