Favorite Faire Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

comissaryqueen

Senior Cook
What is your favorite fair food? I am the F&B Director for 2 faires and would like to hear your thoughts. Most of our patrons like food you can walk and eat with. Steak-on-a-Stake etc. We do have seating, which I prefer, so I do incorporate sit=down food in the menu.

My favorite fair food is Hot sausage sandwich with the onions and sauce, Gyros, steak hogies with onions. Oh.. I can't forget the Elephant ears with cin. and sugar, Carmel apples with the nuts.

I'm a sucker for hot dogs at fairs and ballgames.

There's just something about them, especially at a game.

John

Ice cream and lemonade are good to have also.

Aren't you in NC too?

party0796.gif

smoked turkey legs, sausage and peppers, souvlaki, chicken and beef satee, pad thai, chimichurris, mozzarepas, caramelized nuts, lemonade, beer.

How about those deep fried sauerkraut balls? I love gyros too! Also, those cups stuffed with shoestring french fries, doused with salt and vinegar.

Corn dogs
Ice cream
Onion burgers ( with walla walla onions)

Our big fair also has a booth where you can buy pie.
They make the best pecan caramel pie that we've ever
had. I'd love to get a hold of that recipe.

middie, do you get elephant ears at the circus? yuk.

only kidding. what are they, some kind of pastry (i hope)

buckytom said:

yes it's a pastry, about the size of a plate dusted with powdered sugar.

ooh i forgot to mention caramel apples too

buckytom said:

It s another name for funnel cake or Fried Dough as we call it here.

ronjohn55 said:
I'm a sucker for hot dogs at fairs and ballgames.

There's just something about them, especially at a game.

John

me too, John. that's the only place I will eat them. Somehow they become delicious sitting in the bleachers with a nice warmish beer to wash it down. Oh, and mustard only, please.

When I lived in Tulsa, and went to the Tulsa State Fair, I always made a bee-line for the closest stand that sold smoked turkey legs. It seemed like every other guy would be walking around with a hand wrapped around a turkey leg, happily gnawing away.

After I walk that off, I would find a Funnel Cake stand. I can't really eat a full-sized one myself, so I don't normally get one unless someone is with me.

My DW, PeppA, goes nuts over curly fries with salt and vinegar, corndogs, lemonade, and a bunch of other stuff.

i like funnel cakes but don't eat them cause they're fried. i like lemonade and ribs, too.

Deep fried Jalepeno/Cheddar on a stick!!!!!!!! And Washing it down with a Lemonade Shake-Up!!!!!!

Enjoy, but only once a year, Deep Fried Oreos, and Deep Fried Twinkies!!!:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom