Master Chef '13 started tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
master chef started tonight. is anyone watching?

i caught the first half of the 2 hour episode. it was ok, but far too many commercials, and the cliffhanger bit with who is chosen or eliminated is getting annoying. :glare:

I watched most of tonight's master chef show. I can't believe Gordon ramsay is turning out to be the most pleasant one of the three judges! joe bastianich has been the resident sob of this show all along, but now, former nice-guy graham Elliott seemingly has turned super critical and rigid in his ratings and judgments, also.
I know I will become more involved in the show once they narrow down the number of contestants, and I select my favorite(s).

We have just started watching Season 1 and intend to watch all seasons :)

We watch Masterchef Australia, New Zealand, UK and now US...love MC :)

I watched most of tonight's master chef show. I can't believe Gordon ramsay is turning out to be the most pleasant one of the three judges! joe bastianich has been the resident sob of this show all along, but now, former nice-guy graham Elliott seemingly has turned super critical and rigid in his ratings and judgments, also.
I know I will become more involved in the show once they narrow down the number of contestants, and I select my favorite(s).

On another board I post on, two of last year's contestants also post (the husband and wife... hubby got eliminated at the beginning) and they say that all three judges are very nice. It's staged to create story lines.

A Top Chef Canada contestant also posts in the TCC threads and is very enlightening too.

On another board I post on, two of last year's contestants also post (the husband and wife... hubby got eliminated at the beginning) and they say that all three judges are very nice. It's staged to create story lines.

A Top Chef Canada contestant also posts in the TCC threads and is very enlightening too.

I've heard that before and hope in a way that it is true. But it sure doesn't give a very good impression of what these people are really like.

I wonder if they get much grief when they are out in public due to their horrible displays on the shows.

Do you guys get the Masterchef Australia aired over there?

They really are very good, great cooking, lots of excellent team challenges, a very entertaining version of it and you learn a lot about cooking too :)

Season 5 of the Aussie one starts soon for 2013 :)

it looks like master chef took a page out of american idol's playbook and decided to have their first episode staged with a few serious competitors, along with people who really have no chance but are there for their side show aspects.

i'm still looking forward to this season once the silliness dies down.

Highly entertaining, and I enjoyed the totally stupid human tricks. Joe was a jerk, and Gordon was almost semi-human. Graham reminds me of a favorite cousin, and was also semi-human.

Yeah, I watched. I agree about the judges...Joe seemed right ticked at Gordon three times for giving out an apron when he (Joe had said NO). I loved the blonde filleting the fish!

It will be interesting!

Just finished watching it. The side show stuff is what turns me off with most reality shows, so I hope they don't start straying too far down that path. The hot girl filleting the fish was impressive. I wonder if she washed her hands before picking up Gordon's jacket, lol.

i thought gordon might be trying to trick her if she hadn't wash her hands.

and i hope all 3 judges washed themselves after seeing some of the contestants.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom