3 Layer Chocolate Oreo Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another easy pie for chocolate lovers. I like to make this pie for 3 reasons; my son loves Oreo's, it's easy to make, making chocolate pies makes people happy.

Ingredients:
2 boxes chocolate Jello instant pudding
milk
1 container of Kool Whip
8 Oreo cookies
1 pre-made Oreo pie shell

Directions:

mix up both boxes of pudding but only use enough milk for one box. The pudding will be thick.

Spoon 1/2 the pudding into the pie shell and spread it evenly.

Mix 1/2 of the container of Kool Whip into the remaining half of the pudding. Don't over mix. It needs to be fluffy. Spoon this into the pie shell on top of the pudding layer and spread evenly.

Crumble the 8 Oreo cookies in with the remaining Kool Whip and mix. Top the pie with it. You can use additional Oreo's as decoration.

You could serve as is or chill it for a couple hours.

Final Step: (This is my favorite part) Lock yourself in the bedroom and eat the whole pie. Tell the family you accidentally dropped it on the floor and the dog licked it all up.

As a bonus, once the Kool Whip container is empty, you've got another salad bowl for your redneck formal dinner ware. My set is almost complete.

I have never found which of the 4 food groups Kool Whip quite fits into, sugar, salty, beer or bacon. I guess the first. However, the containers do work quite well for storing leftovers and the covers are easier to burp, unlike tupperware.

A secret. If you have a Costco, they sell Oreos in a larger size, their only size, box. The cookie rows are individually cello wrapped for freshness, much like girl scout thin mints. A pluss, since one need not eat an entire row or the whole package, in one sitting to ensure they stay crisp until the next snack time.

And about your recipe-- I'd have to slice a banana on top of the chocolate pudding before the next layer goes on top. But that's just me. :angel:

I have never found which of the 4 food groups Kool Whip quite fits into, sugar, salty, beer or bacon. I guess the first. However, the containers do work quite well for storing leftovers and the covers are easier to burp, unlike tupperware.

A secret. If you have a Costco, they sell Oreos in a larger size, their only size, box. The cookie rows are individually cello wrapped for freshness, much like girl scout thin mints. A pluss, since one need not eat an entire row or the whole package, in one sitting to ensure they stay crisp until the next snack time.

And about your recipe-- I'd have to slice a banana on top of the chocolate pudding before the next layer goes on top. But that's just me. :angel:

Don't get me started on Cool Whip.....

Banana with chocolate is awesome.

Years ago I used to buy a pie at the local market that was just sliced bananas and chocolate pudding in a regular pie shell and topped with whipped cream.

FYI, the 4 food groups are beans, bacon, whiskey, and lard. Didn't you watch Disney's "Atlantis: The Lost Empire"?

I can't do herbs and spices for JACK but I think I'm a dessert savant. The odd thing is, I don't eat a lot of sweets.

Don't get me started on Cool Whip.....

That "C" in cool should stand for Chemicals. I prefer fresh whipped cream. Otherwise the recipe sounds good. And I prefer to make my own pudding. So much richer and more flavorful. :angel:

I made a variation of this pie with peanut butter.

Use 2 oreo pie shells or use Oreo cookies and butter to make your own shell in one 9x9 pan.

Mix 8 oz cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, and 1/2 cup peanut butter. Mix until smooth. Fold in 8 oz whipped topping. That's the first layer.

Chop up some mini Reese's PB cups. I used 6 for each pie shell. Sprinkle the pieces over the first layer.

Mix one packet of instant chocolate fudge pudding mix with 1 cup milk. It will be thick. Once it's mixed, add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and mix well. Then fold in 8 oz whipped topping. That's the next layer.

Top the whole thing with crumbled up Oreo cookies.

The PB flavor is very light. Very much like a Nutty Bar.

I made a variation of this pie with peanut butter.

Use 2 oreo pie shells or use Oreo cookies and butter to make your own shell in one 9x9 pan.

Mix 8 oz cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, and 1/2 cup peanut butter. Mix until smooth. Fold in 8 oz whipped topping. That's the first layer.

Chop up some mini Reese's PB cups. I used 6 for each pie shell. Sprinkle the pieces over the first layer.

Mix one packet of instant chocolate fudge pudding mix with 1 cup milk. It will be thick. Once it's mixed, add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and mix well. Then fold in 8 oz whipped topping. That's the next layer.

Top the whole thing with crumbled up Oreo cookies.

The PB flavor is very light. Very much like a Nutty Bar.

When you say whipped topping could you please be more specific? Thank you. :angel:

Sodium chloride, tartaric acid, and sodium bicarbonate are chemicals too. Being a chemical doesn't mean it's harmful, especially in moderation. However, I did read the ingredient list of cool whip. Water, vegetable oil, corn syrup, skim milk, and light cream are in the list. All nasty stuff.

Sodium chloride, tartaric acid, and sodium bicarbonate are chemicals too. Being a chemical doesn't mean it's harmful, especially in moderation. However, I did read the ingredient list of cool whip. Water, vegetable oil, corn syrup, skim milk, and light cream are in the list. All nasty stuff.

I am an avid label reader and I feel so much better since I have started to keep chemicals at a minimum. Ninety-nine percent of my cooking is from scratch. The Oreo pie is for my daughter and her family. Not me. :angel:

I am an avid label reader and I feel so much better since I have started to keep chemicals at a minimum. Ninety-nine percent of my cooking is from scratch. The Oreo pie is for my daughter and her family. Not me. :angel:

All food, whether factory-made or homemade, is composed of chemicals and the body is a chemical factory. It would be more accurate to say artificial ingredients.

All food, whether factory-made or homemade, is composed of chemicals and the body is a chemical factory. It would be more accurate to say artificial ingredients.

When I say scratch, I mean scratch. I buy organic when it is available, and I choose my meats with a lot of care. All my veggies and fruit are fresh. Not frozen or canned. It has made a big difference in my body to where I am no longer on medication for my diabetes. :angel:

bananas and chocolate? that sounds very wrong!

Have you never had a banana split with chocolate syrup on top? A frozen banana dipped in chocolate? Sliced bananas on Count Chocula cereal? A natural. Chocolate and bananas are a natural twosome. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom